Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 120
  1. #46
    Yes, you must read the forums before upgrading any TP-LINK router. Firmware "support" is just horrible.

  2. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by bob2017 View Post
    Same problem here. Login page is very slow and the 2.4 ghz is off line. Everything was working great until I upgraded. Any fix for this or do I have to return this router?
    Not clear sure the problem. You may try to contact the support directly. It seems many people just have an RMA

  3. #48
    like

  4. #49
    terima kasih

  5. #50

    Unhappy "Support" ha ha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander Spooner View Post
    Yes, you must read the forums before upgrading any TP-LINK router. Firmware "support" is just horrible.
    The best part is that their support seems to not know there is a problem at all. After the first RMA I documented everything that I did and keep speed test results. You can see as soon as the newer FW is applied everything takes a hard dive. Something that support said would not happen. My mistake trusting them. Rolling back the FW seems to have fixed the issues I was having, but now I've lost out on features that were the reason I bought the router for. Seems like a waste of money.

  6. #51
    How can RMA the device work if its a firmware issue?

  7. #52
    I don't think this is a firmware issue. My C5400 lasted about 20 days before it failed. I was using the latest firmware on it. The 2.4GHz side just went away, but the 5.8GHz worked. I got a new one through Amazon and immediately updated the firmware to the latest version. The new C5400 has been fine for the last 3 months now. I think this is a quality control issue, and it appears that the failure rate is higher than expected.

  8. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
    I don't think this is a firmware issue. My C5400 lasted about 20 days before it failed. I was using the latest firmware on it. The 2.4GHz side just went away, but the 5.8GHz worked. I got a new one through Amazon and immediately updated the firmware to the latest version. The new C5400 has been fine for the last 3 months now. I think this is a quality control issue, and it appears that the failure rate is higher than expected.
    yes, my Archer C5400 V2 issue after 6 months use

  9. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
    I don't think this is a firmware issue. My C5400 lasted about 20 days before it failed. I was using the latest firmware on it. The 2.4GHz side just went away, but the 5.8GHz worked. I got a new one through Amazon and immediately updated the firmware to the latest version. The new C5400 has been fine for the last 3 months now. I think this is a quality control issue, and it appears that the failure rate is higher than expected.
    Maybe in specific cases. I have been running my C5400 for over a year with ZERO issues. The key is I never upgraded passed the bug fix firmware: 1.0.9 Build 20170406 rel.53986(5553)
    This seems to be the last stable release. The one BEFORE all the new, and for me, unneeded features were added.

  10. #55
    I have been using 1.2.2 Build 20170912 rel.56240 since the end of December 2017 without any issues. I *need* the latest firmware update because it fixed some issues with the DNS support.

    No firmware is going to magically make hardware fail, and that is what is occurring when the 2.4GHz side goes away.

  11. #56
    Thanks for sharing. But my problem for open the connect internet some between frequency disconnect.

  12. #57
    Same issue here, worker about 6 months without issues (almost) and recently no 2.4Ghz wifi is visible, reboot not helped a lot, factory reset made 2.4Ghz working for half a day and then again to disappear.
    I don't think it's a hardware failure, but who knows. Anyway tried to contact tp-link support, they didn't asked a lot of questions, they said it's a hardware and go to the RMA process.

  13. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by slavag View Post
    Same issue here, worker about 6 months without issues (almost) and recently no 2.4Ghz wifi is visible, reboot not helped a lot, factory reset made 2.4Ghz working for half a day and then again to disappear.
    I don't think it's a hardware failure, but who knows. Anyway tried to contact tp-link support, they didn't asked a lot of questions, they said it's a hardware and go to the RMA process.
    hi , how your RMA process ?

  14. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhwa View Post
    hi , how your RMA process ?
    Most likely I'm giving up on TP-Link, will purchase Netgear X8

  15. #60

    Thumbs up C5400 Problems

    I have worked through three of these now. Finally convinced them to send me a new and not a refurbished one. This new one has been working fine for a few months now. This will be my last TP-Link product ever! This is an issue that they have endless amount of information on and be it firmware or hardware should have been fixed long ago.

    Good Luck!


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2018 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.