Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adapter with 3 ports: using as just a switch, without powerline

There are adapters with 3 ports, such as 8730, 8630, 8030 etc.

In my special case I do not need a powerline connection - I only need a switch plugged into directly 220 socket:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  32.8 KB

Usually people use a simple switch in such cases.
    But I need a switch which is plugged unto 220 socket directly without any power cables or power supply adapters.

So, the question is - will it work?
    Can I use 3-port powerline adapter as just a simple 3-port switch?

Junior Member megan704 is on a distinguished road
    I bought TL-PA4030KIT 500Mbps Powerline Adapter adapter in 2014 and it was a Twin Pack with 3 Ports. I was running fine the TL-PA4030 for 3 years but a few weeks before its stopped working. The power line tool showing connecting and disconnecting in every seconds. I strained to get help but to no avail. Can tell me any suggestion for this device?
    Get Academic Help from Assignment Help UK at 25% off

Yes it should work as a dumb switch.

If it stopped working after 3 years and nothing has changed then it's most likely faulty.

Check it with both units plugged into a dual socket next to each other (not via an extension lead) to eliminate possible interference?
    Last edited by The Vogon; 06-10-2017 at 11:39.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vogon View Post
    Yes it should work as a dumb switch.
    Thanks a lot!

Junior Member itsalina is on a distinguished road

TP-Link AV600 3-port gigabit

The TP-Link AV600 3-port gigabit unit has just the most minimized, and might we venture to state sharp, connectors of any Powerline pack we've seen. Notwithstanding pressing in three Ethernet ports on every connector they still just measure 103 x 58 x 40mm. We likewise rather like the inclining, precise outline.
    [h=2]I Have To Pay Someone To Do My Homework For Me Online.[/h]

Junior Member itsalina is on a distinguished road
    very informative post i like your information and i also share my all friends.
    [h=2]I Have To Pay Someone To Do My Homework For Me Online.[/h]

Junior Member marythompson is on a distinguished road

Can I use a 2wire wireless modem/gateway without hooking it up to a computer?

I have an extra 2wire wireless modem laying around my house and was wondering if i could hook it up in my room where i have a phone jack and use it to connect to with my CP-CKEM-C xbox which is also in my room without hooking it up to a computer...will it put out the wireless signal is what im trying to ask

Original poster: I can only vouch for the 8030P - for that one I can confirm the 3-port switch keeps working even if the powerline connection is lost - or if it hasn't ever been there to begin with. Make sure you get V2 hardware.

marythompson: You may be better advised to start your own thread - and what on earth is a "two-wire wireless modem"?

Banned christeena is on a distinguished road

Banned christeena is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for sharing about the Adapter with 3 ports and you have illustrated this topic wonderfully. This makes easy to understand it.Continue sharing more articles like this and you guys are doing a great job.internet and tv bundles near me

I bought TL-PA4030KIT 500Mbps Adapter adapter in 2014 and it was a Twin Pack with 3 Ports. Can tell me any suggestion for this device?
    I am an Assignment Help provider in UK.

is there any problem with this kit?
    Quote Originally Posted by jijothomas View Post
    I bought TL-PA4030KIT 500Mbps Adapter adapter in 2014 and it was a Twin Pack with 3 Ports. Can tell me any suggestion for this device?

The basic rule is that with network connections, you can get them to go as fast as one connection is designed to go. If you have a single gigabit port on a device, you can get approximately 1 gigabit of performance from it under normal/ideal conditions. If you have 2 ports on a device you *might* be able to get 2 x 1 gigabit working at the same time if you jigger around a lot of things and have the right equipment and configuration setup and with all that, you will still get approximately 1 gigabit of performance for a single connection (single TCP session like a file copy or stream between 2 devices). anti snoring devices

Singapore writing assignment help is providing the 2500+ expertsí writers and they are well-educated or 15 year experience in his field. Singapore writers give best quality assignment help sg guaranteed.