Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thumbs up no service no customers

Hello,

we are also very disappointed that TP-Link does not regularly release software updates for your still available Powerline adapters. We will give back our powerline adapter TL-PA8030P KIT V1 because of the bad function and the moderate data rates and change to AVM or Develo ... the Powerline adapters are at least more reliably supplied with software updates!

Pity TP-Link, would have expected more service from you!

Kind regards

Mee too. Bye TP-Link.

Same firmware for PA8010 and PA8010P.

Where I can get this last one? Link of schroeder don't works...

Wow, with the 2.4.0 firmware and 2.2.3 pib on my TL-PA8030P I get 180 mbit down and 140 up, both connected to power bars!

Here's the update I used taken from previous posts, flashed with newest TP-Link utility and make sure you reset both devices afterwards:
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...32783003937174

Does anyone have an updated firmware for the UK version of the TL-WPA8730 (v1)?
    I've update my
    TL-PA8010P with the 2.2.3 firmware found here as per help from the good members of this thread, which has solved my disconnects between these two devices (I have three in total, two TL-PA8010P and one TL-WPA8730), but I'm still seeing disconnects between my primary TL-PA8010P & TL-WPA8730.

Welcome to the wonderful world of TP-Link product maintenance. Other vendors have just begun releasing firmware levels 2.5.0, even for their oldest AV1200 products.

I just finally did 2 out the 3 of mine to the 2.4, lost connectivty but looks to be better. Only issue is that they are EU not US PIBs could not find or not understand if I was supposed to use the original PIB, or if anyone made a PIB for the newer versions for US. Well at least it looks better # wise for xfer rates.

Waiting to upgrade to anything better but apartment so cant make to many wall mods, and WIFI is to congested.

With another country's PIB, you are violating your local radio emissions standards. Fat chance you are now causing interference with emergency services or police radio.

Quote Originally Posted by xfaith View Post
    I am looking for US PIB, after reading all the info the EU version have been updated to 2.4 but US is still listed as

TL-PA8030P(US)_V1_160328 -
    TL-PA8010P KIT(US)_V1_150306

a
    After reading through the 6 pages it looks like its easy enough, but its states I need a PIB for US, preferably one made for 2.2 or above.

Both the ones listed above dont give a version number for the PIB like everyone else shows.
    I looked into editing the PIB but thats above me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hey xfaith,
    Here the link for both US PIB 8010P/8030P V1.

8010P V1 US PIB ( based upon the 170223 release ) - flashing procedure tested on mine 8010P
    8030P V1 US PIB ( based upon the 170704 release ) - untested, if you do: USE PORT1
    Name:  TL-PA8030P_un_V1_PORT.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  39.8 KB
    (socket may be different)

If you are unable to flash these files provide the screenshot of your current firmware version.
    Notice: These PIBs are straight ported without any stability testing.
    Last edited by NOLAN; 06-19-2018 at 21:46.

Quote Originally Posted by xer0w View Post
    Does anyone have an updated firmware for the UK version of the TL-WPA8730 (v1)?
    I've update my
    TL-PA8010P with the 2.2.3 firmware found here as per help from the good members of this thread, which has solved my disconnects between these two devices (I have three in total, two TL-PA8010P and one TL-WPA8730), but I'm still seeing disconnects between my primary TL-PA8010P & TL-WPA8730.

xer0w

For the TL-WPA8730 provide either the string, the screenshot of your firmware version or the *device PIB.
    EG:Name:  8010.jpg
Size:  54.4 KB

*Download these files (PLCTOOL), read the "HOWTO" or the DOC and attach your current UK PIB somewhere.
    If you are unable to fetch the device PIB: with the version string\screenshot I can make one 2.2.3+ out of the US initial release.

About the radio emissions standards, Dunno. In theory these qualcomm chip shall sense the AC rate and adapt without interference.
    Last edited by NOLAN; 06-19-2018 at 21:48.

For the TL-WPA8730 provide either the string, the screenshot of your firmware version or the *original PIB.
    NOLAN

Thanks for offer, here's my current FW version screenshot. I'm in the UK, not sure about frequencies here, cant seem to find much info on them.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Size:  20.0 KB

PIBs are country specific because each country or world region has their very own unique frequency bands that must be completely excluded from PLC use. This is not about PLC adapting to external disturbance - this is automatic - it's about PLC emissions not disturbing critical radio services.

Quote Originally Posted by xer0w View Post
    NOLAN Thanks for offer, here's my current FW version screenshot.I'm in the UK, not sure about frequencies here, cant seem to find much info on them. Attachment 7606
    Hey xer0w,
    That's the US DEVICE ID.
    In case you are planning to rollback, backup your current PIB with the PLCTOOL utility I attached on mine previous post before flashing this firmware.

WPA8730 V1 US PIB 2.2.3 ( based upon the 160325 release ) UNTESTED. ( USER BRICK BY UNDEFINED PORT )

Notice: This PIBs is straight ported without any testing.
    Remember to attach on the PORT 1 (see few post back) and use the utility embedded within the archive.

Report back.
    Last edited by NOLAN; 07-19-2018 at 13:37.