Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    i will check the bulbs next week Wednesday. If they are in AP mode that means they were reseted. The question is by what. 1) the long duration of the power outage 2) they all have hardware or firmware issue, 3) as you said maybe some RF noise fooled them. I have Ubiquit network around them and the power is utility power, residential area, no factory within 2 miles. Hard to say whats going on. I dont have a Oscillioscope to check the quality of my utility power but if thats the case the Chinese brothers should add extra filters in the circuit.

terima kasih untuk posting

bokepfr has posted 58 messages of pure spam and is still not banned, that's not good.

LMAO! Well thank you bokepfr! And now I'm chatting with a bot .

The bulb might be resetting after the power cuts, which would explain the connection lost after the outages. If the bulbs are operated remotely there is a good chance that the router is not able to connect to the bulbs after the power outage. best photo editing india package

Any Resolution Yet

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    the power outage happened when the bulbs were not ON. This is standby state, but the WIFI is connected of course, and then it outage came for about 6 hours. Anyone can try this, If no issue then i have faulty units unfortunately. If issue with 6 hours outage, then it is main HW or SW failure.
    Every time there is a power outage, the bulbs have to be reinitialized and added to the network. Switches and plugs are fine. We liv in Florida, so power is out alot due to storms. Makes the bulbs virtually unuseable.....

You mean every time you need to reconfigure the bulb after pwoer outage?

Every time the power goes out i have to run the setup again - i'm ready to throw them out!!!

How about the firmware of the bulbs? Try to update to the latest one.

App says no updates available.......

It's probably because your router is rebooting after the outage and the app is losing track of the bulbs.

Try powering off the bulb and powering it back on (which would be the same as a power outage). See if the bulb is showing connected in your router's wifi list. Then try power cycling your router, same test.

If the bulb reconnects to your router wifi you don't need to reset/reconfigure it after a power outage. If it doesn't you probably need to replace it (it's unlikely that all would have that same defect).

Try forcing your phone to connect to your router's 2.4GHz signal/SSID on the same access point where the bulbs are connected, that may help the app find them again. Aftermarket apps (like mine) may be better at rediscovering your bulbs after a power outage.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP_AutomationManager View Post
    It's probably because your router is rebooting after the outage and the app is losing track of the bulbs.

Try powering off the bulb and powering it back on (which would be the same as a power outage). See if the bulb is showing connected in your router's wifi list. Then try power cycling your router, same test.

If the bulb reconnects to your router wifi you don't need to reset/reconfigure it after a power outage. If it doesn't you probably need to replace it (it's unlikely that all would have that same defect).

Try forcing your phone to connect to your router's 2.4GHz signal/SSID on the same access point where the bulbs are connected, that may help the app find them again. Aftermarket apps (like mine) may be better at rediscovering your bulbs after a power outage.

i am soooo glad finally others reported this annoying issue. So, all you need to do is just make the firmware the same as for the smartplug. Those are fine, but the smartbulb firmware is just useless for serious security related applications. Come on devs, please fix it.

i've tried it all - take away power and i have to reconfigure - a real PITA. This i on all my bulbs. Wall switches and plug work just fine.....

I'd have to think it's something with your router. It seems very unlikely more than one bulb would have that same hardware fault. Did you try moving one of them closer to the router? I know that's not a solution, it's for troubleshooting - it would mean you need to reposition your router or use an extender.

If you take away and then restore power to the bulb (move it to a handy lamp for testing) and the bulb flashes and starts broadcasting it's own SSID then it is a hardware fault. If not it's still configured, but it may be having trouble connecting or it's the app that's losing track of it. Double check in your router status to see if it's still connected. Firmware 1.7.1 is the latest and a bit more stable wrt wifi, you may need to force it manually if you're on an older version.