Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post WBS510_V2_171026_Beta: Fix the problem that WBS510 as AP will disconnect with all stations after running for a while

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Dear forum members

We are launching beta software tests here in this forum. Anyone that is interested in participating in the beta software testing and discussion is welcome.

Please read the
    Beta Rules before participating the following beta test.

Please evaluate this beta firmware and let us know if you have any suggestion and bug reports.

In order to facilitate information gathering, you are recommended to post any comments about this beta in this thread.

Beta Today:

Date 2017/11/17
    Beta firmware WBS510_V2_171026_Beta
    Applicable model WBS510
    Modifications Fix the problem that WBS510 as AP will disconnect with all stations after running for a while
    Download link http://static.tp-link.com/WBS510(UN)_2.0-up-ver2-1-7-P4[20171026-rel70717].rar
    File name WBS510(UN)_2.0-up-ver2-1-7-P4[20171026-rel70717]

Modifications:

Fix the problem that WBS510 as AP will disconnect with all stations after running for a while

Users may have encountered issues of WBS510 as AP will disconnect with all stations after running for a while.

Topology:
    Internet ----- WBS510 (as AP) )))) Sevearl CPE510 (as client)

Note:
    The problem is that when WBS510 works as AP in some wireless network environment, it will disconnect with all stations after running for a while.

When you meet this problem, you can see that there is no station connecting with WBS510. The CPE510 can see the SSID of WBS510, but cannot connect to it.

Anyone who encounters the above issue is recommended to upgrade their WBS510 devices to these beta. Besides, we will fix it on next official firmware.

i'm facing this problem on CPE220 and CPE210 also
    AP will be DC for almost everyday
    Please review for both firmware

Hello Admin
    I just try this firmware for Cpe210 hardware V1
    and the result is all client can't conect at all...all of them dissconect
    since i have 11 client on this Ap i can't test any longer
    then i downgrade again to latest firmware on web...
    if you need screenshot i will send you by email..
    please send me your email..

regards

Hi Heri

Do you confirm that your CPE210's hardware is V1?
    Because CPE210 V2 cannot use this firmware.

If your CPE210 is V1, maybe there are something wrong in the configuration.

We will assign an engineer to contact you via your register email.
    Please check your email.

Junior Member AngelaRuther is on a distinguished road
    Can you give more idea about beta software test? What are the scope of beta software in current technology?

Hi, we test the same of Heri with the same results... no clients stay connected in our WBS210 v1.20 with this firmware... all clients connect and disconnect like wrong encryptation or other problem... Inclusive we test configuring from zero, resetting the config to factory defaults, and reconfiguring the WBS again and the same, no one connected.
    Thanks and regards!

Alessio Garavano

www.wispana.com
    WISP in Santa Ana, Corrientes, Argentina

www.isparg.com
    W
    ISP Solutions around the world

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by alegara View Post
    no clients stay connected in our WBS210 v1.20 with this firmware... all clients connect and disconnect like wrong encryptation or other problem...
    Did you try latest firmware for WBS released some time ago (version 2.1.12)?

Thank you R1D2, downloaded and testing at 3hs without problems and watchdog disabled... i hope was fixed the frequent hang up and CPE disconnections at a reboot requirement...
    Thanks and regards!

Alessio Garavano

www.wispana.com
    WISP in Santa Ana, Corrientes, Argentina

www.isparg.com
    W
    ISP Solutions around the world

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Glad I could help. Hopefully the hangups & hickups are gone by now.

Confirmation of Firmware Revision?

I noticed that this thread is dated from 2017 and I wanted to know if there have been any further updates to this firmware with reference to the "disconnect" issue?Also, I have two CPE510's, one is acting as an AP the other as a CLIENT - Should I use this firmware and update both of my CPE510 devices?Thanks.

Hello,As documented in the following thread:https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread...bility-Issue!I have been having problems with my CPE510-to-CPE510 setup running in "802.11n Only" mode. The distance is only about 60-to-100 feet between them (going through a single glass windows/doors on each side!).I was running the latest production version of firmware on both and was experiencing the link failure (or AP device reboot), so I tried this "beta firmware" [2.1.7 Build 20171026 Rel. 70717 (5553)], however, I am still experiencing the link failures. In fact, just like the production firmware, the only way I can keep the RF link up between the CPE510's is to have a computer system on the CLIENT CPE510 side of the network to either perform large file transfers or have is endlessly "ping" a system on the AP CPE510's LAN network (in my case I am pinging Google's DNS server - 8.8.8.8).Is there a newer firmware for the CPE510 than the production firmware [2.1.11 Build 20180117 Rel. 68885 (5553)] that may also attempt to fix this strange constant RF link and/or reboot failure?Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tplink_cpe510_user View Post
    Hello,As documented in the following thread:https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread...bility-Issue!I have been having problems with my CPE510-to-CPE510 setup running in "802.11n Only" mode. The distance is only about 60-to-100 feet between them (going through a single glass windows/doors on each side!).I was running the latest production version of firmware on both and was experiencing the link failure (or AP device reboot), so I tried this "beta firmware" [2.1.7 Build 20171026 Rel. 70717 (5553)], however, I am still experiencing the link failures. In fact, just like the production firmware, the only way I can keep the RF link up between the CPE510's is to have a computer system on the CLIENT CPE510 side of the network to either perform large file transfers or have is endlessly "ping" a system on the AP CPE510's LAN network (in my case I am pinging Google's DNS server - 8.8.8.8).Is there a newer firmware for the CPE510 than the production firmware [2.1.11 Build 20180117 Rel. 68885 (5553)] that may also attempt to fix this strange constant RF link and/or reboot failure?Thanks.
    https://static.tp-link.com/2018/2018...0_20180327.zip

I receive the followonig error when I attempt to access the referenced ZIP file above!

--------------------------------------------
    This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>4EE37FC10FCED9DA</RequestId>
    <HostId>
    9G9Pd45OnHfZHg2Mv2W1d7TLTbArh/xhOQ1t4BWGx+ifL4hTYBJxbK161Vu1UpwGaL5EymtebBg=
    </HostId>

</Error>

-------------------------------------------

Also, just to be clear, I have the CPE510 devices and not the CPE610 as indicated in the firmware link...

May I assume the underlying CPU and WiFi RF hardware for the CPE210, CPE510 and CPE610 are all the same and the "https://static.tp-link.com/2018/2018...0_20180327.zip" firmware will work properly in the CPE510?
    Last edited by tplink_cpe510_user; 07-04-2018 at 03:23.

Nevermind, I found the answer and it is YES for the CPE510 and CPE610 and possibly NO for the CPE210 (which has a slightly different processor).

From the CPE610 datasheet:
    Qualcomm 650MHz CPU, MIPS 24Kc (CPE210, CPE220)
    Qualcomm 560MHz CPU, MIPS 74Kc (CPE510, CPE520, CPE610)