Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

TL-WA850RE Invalid Password Error

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hi, I use a TD-W9970 v3 modem as host and TL-WA850RE V4 range extender with factory settings.

After quick installation, I changed the SSID of the extender and can connect it with my iPhone. However, when I try to connect it with my MacBook Air (Version 10.12.6), it gives invalid password error although the password is correct. Please help me about this problem.

Thanx for your reply. Instead of Quick Installation, I tried to adjust the settings manually and after I selected WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK as wireless security, It worked

good news!

TL WA850RE Invalid Password

I have a SR10000 Range Extender off of a wifi router. They currently have similar SSID i.e. router and router_RE and the same security key password. If I update/change the key on the home will it also change it on the extender?
    Инкомторг-международная оптовая торговля Инкомторг-международная оптовая торговля...

No, the extender will not update the key automatically.
    You need to reset the extender and reconfigure it.

TL-WA850RE Invalid Password for MacBook

hi

I'm from Poland and have just bought this device and it works fine for HP Laptop, Sony Xperia Z tablet, iPones 6S, but it doesn't work for MacBook Pro. During connecting to this network as usual asks for password, but replies "Invalid Password".

I've tried to change Security to WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK and WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK. The same issue.

Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20170609 Rel. 34153(6985)
    Hardware Version: TL-WA850RE v5.0

Should I update firmware?
    I found this one http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/T....html#Firmware. Not sure it is suitable for my version.

Thanks for your help!

Iąve just upgraded from Build 20170609 Rel. 34153 to Build 20171218 Rel. 58240.
    The same behaviour: 'invalid password' on MacBook Pro, but it works fine on other devices.

TL-WA850RE Invalid Password for MacBook

Could anybody help with this?

Thanks

Junior Member pelelademaderda is on a distinguished road
    the problem is not only in macbook.

I cannot connect to wireless over linux, with any of the usb devices I have... with windows I have no problem.

I can only connect with a wire, and url dont report the pc connected...

I have an WA850RE V4, I try with every firmware I found, with gentoo linux and ubuntu. It tells me invalid password.
    I use the same ssid for main lan in 5ghz and 2.4 ghz and repeater uses the same ssid.

If I change the ssid of the repeater connection works, but thats not the point of a repeater, the objetive is not to be disconnected every time the signal fall

Junior Member beornharris is on a distinguished road

Same Issue for me

Macbook Pro, late 2011 with Sierra installed.I have 3 TP-Link WA850RE all configured identically (with no problems from any other household device)When configured as OPEN, the MBP can connect, but with WPA/WPA2 Personal - no dice.I have done all macbook troubleshooting tricks I can find.A solution would be greatly appreciated!