Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

PPPOE falling with 00:02:14 Kill pid SIGTERM

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

In our network we have several 740N and 840N Routers with drop in PPPOE connection.We verified in history the cause:FindSystemProcbyPidFile 174 Kill pid SIGTERMCan this be a virus or something similar? Because it is only occurring in the TP-LINK Routers

Someone help me? We act as an Internet Service Provider and we have many clients having a down payment.
    In our network we have several 740N and 840N Routers with drop in PPPOE connection.We verified in history the cause:FindSystemProcbyPidFile 174 Kill pid SIGTERMCan this be a virus or something similar? Because it is only occurring in the TP-LINK Routers
    Attached Images  

Dear Pmucio, May I know your hardware and firmware version of 740N and 840N? Also, I suggest you contact TP-Link support as they got more info about this log file.

Hi Pumcio, did you contact tp-link support at support@tp-link.com? What did they say?

Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Enson Loo View Post
    Hi Pumcio, did you contact tp-link support at support@tp-link.com? What did they say?

HI,We discovered the cause of the problem, we use 2 DNS one primary and one secondary. Our primary DNS was in trouble and was not resolving names and this caused the drop of the PPPOE connection on TP-Link. It was enough to change the primary dns on the router to another one that was in operation and the connection did not fall any more.Problem solved, but it is a very big failure in the TP-Link Router, we have several brands in our network and the only one that presented a BUG in this session was you.I am sharing valid and very important information, so I would like you to go forward with the purpose of correcting the Bug / Failure in the next firmware updates.