Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Dear Tp-Link, please update the R470T+

Model: TL-R470T+
    Hardware Version: v4.0
    Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20150526 Rel.71817s

Suggestions:
    - Correct existing errors (DDNS failure, and other examples you have here in the forum and the web)
    - Add new interesting and necessary features (SSH? HTTPS?)
    - Improve the layout of resources (to implement a bandwidth control I need to reserve a device IP on one screen, then add the user to a group on another screen, and finally create the rule on a last screen, and I did not mention the little details, could be all in one place)

There are only two products in the category and both have been abandoned since 2016/15.

I was superficial, other users can add their requests and needs.
    Last edited by ialima; 08-13-2017 at 02:23.

Another suggestion: add the possibility to add others users accounts with personalized privileges.
    Last edited by ialima; 08-13-2017 at 02:25.

Dear Tp Link please update the R470T

You can convert those AACs to MP3s. There are probably hundreds of free apps out there to do so.
    Men's power - I recommend

Quote Originally Posted by ialima View Post

Suggestions:
    - Correct existing errors (DDNS failure, and other examples you have here in the forum and the web)
    - Improve the layout of resources (to implement a bandwidth control I need to reserve a device IP on one screen, then add the user to a group on another screen, and finally create the rule on a last screen, and I did not mention the little details, could be all in one place)

There are only two products in the category and both have been abandoned since 2016/15.

I found TP-LINK will release new hardware version, as R470T+ V5&V6. They released the new emulator.
    http://www.tp-link.com/resources/sim...rRpm/Index.htm
    I found new hardware increased some new feature.
    So I think they will not release firmware for old router

Sorry @TPTHZ I did not receive notification of your response.

Quote Originally Posted by TPTHZ View Post
    I found TP-LINK will release new hardware version, as R470T+ V5&V6. They released the new emulator.
    http://www.tp-link.com/resources/sim...rRpm/Index.htm
    I found new hardware increased some new feature.
    So I think they will not release firmware for old router
    Unfortunately the change seems only visual, I compared it here and it seems all in the same place, until the copyright is 2014...
    And more unfortunately still, mine is V4, will remain in the abandonment.

+1 for HTTPS

The newer hardware revisions should not mean that TP-Link refuse to support the previous versions.

Quite frankly the way I see it, any of these products that do not have HTTPS encryption for the management panel is a MAJOR SECURITY FLAW.

We use a R470t+ for our company to balance 2 ADSL connections and create a network suited to our requirements (use an archer c9 for wifi). There is no reason to replace to R470t+ and the Archer is a relatively new addition purchased this year. Both are used in a business environment, neither of them support HTTPS.

TP-Link you need to just get this over and done with, release a new firmware for all the devices to support https by default. There is only so long before new legislation forces this and you get fined for being in breach. (TP-link has a history of being fined for things).

Suggestions:

Another that I forgot: IPv6 compatibility.
    Last edited by ialima; 11-06-2017 at 01:00.

Another suggestion: Description for WAN ports.

It would be really cool on the part of TP-Link someone to answer here in this forum and give attention to the customers.
    Last edited by ialima; 11-06-2017 at 01:01.

Members Panda is on a distinguished road
    Another suggestion: Description for WAN ports.

It would be really cool on the part of TP-Link someone to answer here in this forum and give attention to the customers.
    For IPv6, it can be supported in the R470T+ V6. Not much clear about the WAN port description.