Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Wifi Authentication Problem when trying to connect to TL-WR841N

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Recently I have got myself a new Huawei Y3II android phone and failed to connect to the my home wifi via TL-WR841N with authentication problem. I have other android devices (up to 8) that have managed to connect to the router without problem. I have re-checked my WPA2-PSK password over and over again to ensure it is correct but the problem persisted. I have tried static DHCP and many others to no avail. When I restarted the TL-WR841N router, the Huawei phone wifi indicator showed "connected" but the "connected" lasted for seconds only (5-10 seconds) before it got disconnected again with the status "Saved, secured with WPA2" and then the "Authentication Problem" when tried a few times. Please advise me on how to solve this problem.

You may try to change the Authentication type of the router to WPA2-PSK with Encryption AES.
    Disable WMM under Wireless -Wireless Advanced.
    If these two options can't help, contact the phone support for help, they may give you some suggestions.

Still got problem

Quote Originally Posted by Enson Loo View Post
    You may try to change the Authentication type of the router to WPA2-PSK with Encryption AES.Disable WMM under Wireless -Wireless Advanced.If these two options can't help, contact the phone support for help, they may give you some suggestions.
    Thanks for your help but the problem is still persistent. I don't think it's a phone problem as the phone connect with ease to my other 2 routers (not tplink) with differentservice provider . The other routers are mobile type or pocket size. It's a tplink problem. After changing to setting you have recommended, the phone was connected for about 10s before it disconnect. The status on the phone is no ip.

have you tried reset this router and reconfigure it? also firmware upgrade? changing wireless network name and password?

Thanks again for the advice. I have reset the router a few times and each time I reset, the phone managed to get connected for about 10 seconds after resetting before disconnecting.
    It does not always have the message of authentication problem but it is consistently get disconnected after the message "connected" for a few seconds. I have tried to reconfigure the security but it is still the same. There is no firmware upgrade available when I checked. I also tried to change SSID and password but it still the same i.e. connected for 10 seconds and then disconnected for good after resetting or reconfiguration.

if only the huawei phone has this problem, it may be a compatibility issue. maybe you can report to huawei support to see if what settings can be done on the phone or on the router