Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Me again... out of the blue, lost internet. Internet was gone for about a minute. It reconnected by itself but magically the unit that caused me a lot of trouble is blue again. Seriously...?
    It will not come back by itself so I can probably start over again. This is just so frustrating and time consuming. I don't feel like fixing it tonight anymore. Need to mentally prepare. Oh, and I also have the annoying 'bug' that every time a device connects the app notifies me. This worked fine before but since the update every device kept showing up as new device. I disabled the notification but just after the loss of the connection and the reconnection I started receiving them again. Opened the app and needed to disable notifications again, now the app is changing settings by itself somehow?

The latest firmware is 1.1.5 170820. If you have any issues using AP mode, please update the Deco first.

Impossible to download the latest firmware for me. I have the download failure error message. I have tried more than 10 times. What should I do ? Thanks

Updated the firmware again today after being unable to refresh devices in the app, configuring stuff in the app etc. Updated without a problem (in the app that is) and wifi came back up but all my wired systems could not get connected to the internet again after the update. Modem reset, router reset, Deco reset, system(s) reset etc etc etc. Nothing...

So.. after yet another failure als a lot of time lost I returned it and the store was kind enough to give me a refund (after two months of misery). I guess they made an exception for me half way into my story because they felt really sorry. I tried, I really did but this product (to me) is a failure. I think it is rushed and it should have been in R&D a lot longer. It's not worth the price for the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by jckfun View Post
    Impossible to download the latest firmware for me. I have the download failure error message. I have tried more than 10 times. What should I do ? Thanks
    Make sure that the deco units are having internet access, and their LED lights should be green. You can also click Advanced > IPv4(available for router mode only) to check if there is a valid IP address.
    If no internet/no valid IP, try to restart modem then resatrt the mian deco unit to check if internet will come back or not.

If deco is working but it fail to download the firmware, try a different smart phone if you have.