Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Archer C5400 no 2.4 wifi after couple of days and channel shows as N/A

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

C5400 when I have the problem I am not able to see the 2.4 wifi in any of the devices. Channel shows as N/A in web interface and I don't have any problem with the 5 Ghz wifi. Only way to get the 2.4 back is by restarting the router. It will work for a couple of days and then the 2.4 disappears from the SSid list

I have set a fixed channel for 2.4. Smart connect is off. Any suggestion to get the 2.4 to work reliably.

Is your firmware the latest one? You can email tplink support for further analyze.

yes, the firmware is the latest. I got a replacement from Amazon and the new one also the same. Before C5400 I have a netgear router and it didn't have any problem with 2.4.

Hmm, my C5400 has no the issue currently. It seems to be a bug. You may tried to reset the router. If this can't help, email tp-link support to feedback this bug. Hope a new firmware can fix this issue. Finger Crossed.

I have around 20 2.4 devices. It might be 1 or 2 rogue devices that might be causing the issues

I raised a ticket with the support and waiting to hear from them. I will keep the thread updated on the resolution in case anyone has this problem.

Junior Member Jackfrose is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by harshakavuri View Post
    I have around 20 2.4 devices. It might be 1 or 2 rogue devices that might be causing the issues

I raised a ticket with the support and waiting to hear from them. I will keep the thread updated on the resolution in case anyone has this problem.

call on the toll free number
    844-718-3989 Time 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (CST)
    Ask for Jack Frose as me and get your issue fixed mam

Junior Member rocket69GTP is on a distinguished road
    Having a similar issue where I can see the 2.4 GHz network but it has not internet connection. I reset everything back to factory settings and it is still intermittent along with no longer being able to see my 5G_1 channel but the 5G_2 channel is available and working properly.

Update: I have a few Dlink Wifi switches (DSP-W110) and when I remove them from the network, the 2.4 seems stable and going strong for more than 2 days.

when I connect them to netgear wifi extender the 2.4 network on netgear seems stable as well. I am having these switches for couple of years and didn't face any problem until now.

Had a remote Teamviewer session with the Tech support. submitted them the logs and waiting for a resolution.

Same Issue

I have the exact same issue where the 2.4ghz Radio just disappears wondering if you were able to fix this

Junior Member jbolot is on a distinguished road
    Same Issue here . 2.4 GHz band cannot connect to any devices. I seem to have started seeing this after I upgraded the firmware to 1.2.0 Build 20170630 rel.49653(5553)

I even tried the Beta 1.2.2 Firmware and its still doing the same exact thing. after 2-3 days the 2.4ghz completely disappears

I had the same problem with mine , after the latest update (2-3 weeks ago) it seems to be OK, I think the 2,4ghz is online 24\7.

But after the latest update, 1.0.9 The Router is super slow to login, and the menus is extremely slow.
    And still the parenting control is a joke, it`s not possible to turn off internet access for one device from a specific time .

Junior Member bob2017 is on a distinguished road
    Same problem here. Login page is very slow and the 2.4 ghz is off line. Everything was working great until I upgraded. Any fix for this or do I have to return this router?

I talked to support and Have an RMA put in. Hopefully the new one doesn't have the issue