Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A1: The slave Deco unit will not be router mode, if you didn't connect the slave deco to main deco by ethernet cable, it would be like extender, then if you connect an ethernet cable between them, the slave deco would be working with ethernet backhaul, no need to switch the mode manually;
    A2: Similar to the question 1, after you install all the 3 Deco normally, the main Deco is on router mode, the other two slave Deco are in extender or access point mode, when you switch the mode on the Deco App, it is changing the mode on the main Deco.

Hi Enson Loo

Many thanks for your help, it works fine now and I understand the difference.

Cheers

Junior Member gavvythegunner is on a distinguished road
    I have firmware version 1.2.12 (acording to about menu option) the only options in "advanced" are " ipv4 ipv6 Led.. and Notifiictaions" I need to set up AP nodes and dont seem to have the option to access the features outlined in the AP node "Howto" as outlined on this thread
    I have tried doing further firmware updates but I get a failure message, any suggestions?

A to Q2:
    yes, the third Deco would automatically turn into AP mode, no extra work needed.
    A to Q1:
    All 3 Deco would turn into AP mode together with a click of one button.