+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Dreamwalker84 is on a distinguished road

TL-SG1016PE (Ver. 39357) shows "amount of VLAN is full"

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Dear forum readers / writers,

I'm currently struggling with a strange error message popping up when trying to set up 802.11q VLAN: "Amount of VLAN is full" The error message occurs when trying to simply configure a VLAN using VLAN-ID 100, one tagged and two untagged ports. Some tests have shown that the error message neither depends on amount of ports in VLAN nor VLAN-ID or VLAN name.

Just to provide you with an overview of what I'm trying to achieve:

Used enviroment
    Switch TL-SG1016PE
    AP EAP245
    Router FritzBox 7590 (doesn't support VLAN)

Goal
    • AP provides "main WLAN" without VLAN-ID
    • AP provides "guest WLAN" with VLAN-ID 100
    • AP connects to switch's port 5
    • Switch provides guest WLAN untagged to port 11 (guest WLAN uplink to FritzBox)
    • Switch provides main WLAN to port 10 (all other traffic uplink to FritzBox)
    Did anybody already faced that message? And if so: What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Stephan

Junior Member BennoBaer is on a distinguished road

Same Problem The amount of VLAN is full

Hello,

i have the same Problem.

When i enter a vlan i got the message : The amount of VLAN is full:

Firmeware of TL-SG1016DE 3.0 is 1.0.1 Build 20170530

Any Idee ?

Thanks Bernd

Junior Member davidj2 is on a distinguished road

System Reset

I was having the same issue after a fresh firmware install (Hardware:

TL-SG1016DE 3.0, Firmware: 1.0.1 Build 20170530 Rel.39380). I did a system reset and re-enabled 802.1Q VLAN option - that resolved the issue for me. Before the system reset, with 802.1Q VLAN enabled I noticed that the Default_VLAN wasn't listed.

Hello.... just wanted to let the group know I'm experiencing the same issue on a new TL-SG1024DE
    An answer to this question would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

System reset fixed my 802.1Q VLAN too... Default_VLAN was not visible before reset as Davidj2 said...

I think you updated the firmware then met this issue.You only need reset switch , this issue will be solved.

Just to be clear... my situation was with a new switch (TL-SG1024DE)... not after updating the firmware. The installed firmware was up to date on my new switch... but still required the reset.

Members Panda is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiJoe View Post
    Just to be clear... my situation was with a new switch (TL-SG1024DE)... not after updating the firmware. The installed firmware was up to date on my new switch... but still required the reset.
    Strange, I have a TL-SG1024DE too. A new one of V3, it work just fine to set VLAN. The problem will happen only after I upgrade the firmware to 170530. What's your firmware version?

(Almost the) same problem here - German retail version of the switch.

When I enter a VLAN definition, the answer from the switch is always "failed".

I've tried everything what the support people told me: different browser, remove antivirus software (the switch just generates a GET command and doesn't need any additional software), resetting the switch this way or another. I even exchanged the switch, and went through the same problems.

Now it seems that it is a bug in the firmware. OK, I will wait a few weeks and see if a new firmware is available.

Otherwise the TP-Link hardware is really fine, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Georg View Post
    (Almost the) same problem here - German retail version of the switch.

When I enter a VLAN definition, the answer from the switch is always "failed".

I've tried everything what the support people told me: different browser, remove antivirus software (the switch just generates a GET command and doesn't need any additional software), resetting the switch this way or another. I even exchanged the switch, and went through the same problems.

Now it seems that it is a bug in the firmware. OK, I will wait a few weeks and see if a new firmware is available.

Otherwise the TP-Link hardware is really fine, no questions asked.
    Hey dude, I think this problem can be solved by reset the device after upgrading to the new firmware. As I can see, some people have the same issue and get recovered. Or maybe we are not the same issue?
    We were talking about the 170530 firmware.

Hi, Hibixa -

I tried resetting and new configuration a few times in the past, with not effect.

I have re-installed the installed firmware (170530), powered the switch off and on, did a reset and - much to my surprise - I was able to define my VLAN settings.

Thanks for your feedback which gave me the drive to try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Georg View Post
    Hi, Hibixa -

I tried resetting and new configuration a few times in the past, with not effect.

I have re-installed the installed firmware (170530), powered the switch off and on, did a reset and - much to my surprise - I was able to define my VLAN settings.

Thanks for your feedback which gave me the drive to try it again.
    That's great! Glad to hear that.