Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

TP-SG105E V3 (Multicast) need help

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hello,

i have a problem i need Multicast feature for any operation mode of inverter connection of an photovoltaic system

Now i use a TP-SG105E v3 which refer in Manuel and Operation Config "IGMP Snooping" Multicast option.
    If i connect now the PV system to the Swich it does now get any connection trough the ethernet cable to an TP-Link LTE Router which are made the connection to the internet.

But if i connect PV inverters (via Cat7 cable) directly to the router it will be identify and router can find the connected devices.

What i have to modify at the switch that it works too ? Or which other version i need if it does not work?

IGMP are enabled

Hope anyone can help.

Thanks

best regards,

Harald

Members Mr.J is on a distinguished road
    Hi dude, when you use the SG105E, will the multicast table show the details about IP addreee, VLAN ID and ports?

Hi,

nothing looks failure thats why i am so confused in this case. Okay i use Powerline between switch and endpoint (TP Link LTE Router) but
    currently found solution that i change units from DHCP IP to Static IP and it works at the moment.

I think Switch does not handle DHCP IPs correct if i route this over a powerline system.

Is there any firmware upgrade available for the switch ? I do not found new flashROM

regards,

Harald

Members Mr.J is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by phpman View Post
    Hi,

nothing looks failure thats why i am so confused in this case. Okay i use Powerline between switch and endpoint (TP Link LTE Router) but
    currently found solution that i change units from DHCP IP to Static IP and it works at the moment.

I think Switch does not handle DHCP IPs correct if i route this over a powerline system.

Is there any firmware upgrade available for the switch ? I do not found new flashROM

regards,

Harald
    Sorry, Not much clear about your topology. Is the PV inverter is a solar PV inverter? The problem is the PV Inverters can't get IP when it use DHCP?
    Why will it need IGMP snooping?