Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    EAP 120 and EAP 220 high cpu utilization

    Model :

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version :

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    Good evening,

    i have 3 EAP, 2 220 and 1 120

    All 3 Access Points are on 100% CPU load, i can't send a reboot command from the Controller, ends with a timeout.
    Even toggle power does not work, WLAN is not usable

    Controller Software shows alerts:
    Name:  TPLINK.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  61.0 KB

    All AP have worked for weeks now, reboot schedule is active, daily at 11pm

    Any suggestions?

    Cheers
    Till
    Last edited by Odin4242; 07-11-2017 at 20:49. Reason: Solved

  2. #2
    Ok, i figured it out.
    The server running the controller went crazy, some network services running 100% on one cpu, that seemed to be the cause. Restarted the service and now all AP are back to normal.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin4242 View Post
    Ok, i figured it out.
    The server running the controller went crazy, some network services running 100% on one cpu, that seemed to be the cause. Restarted the service and now all AP are back to normal.
    I am curious that if your problem solved now? I am wondering why the CPU utilization on the Controller host will affect the AP's CPU utilization.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    I am curious that if your problem solved now? I am wondering why the CPU utilization on the Controller host will affect the AP's CPU utilization.
    I installed the squid proxy on the server that runs the controller software. I can only guess, but i think some tcp port communication got mixed up. I uninstalled the squid, killed the windows service that was 100% and everything is back to normal now.

  5. #5
    A quick note on my 100% cpu problem with my EAPs:

    I am running a Windows Home Server 2011 amongst other things for DNS, DHCP and the EAP Controller software. From time to time, one or more of the AP were unaccessable due to the problem described above.

    The "NetworkingHelperSvc" on the server was causing that problem, sending UDP packets in the network (i think to discover devices) and the EAPs seem to get a bit overexcited
    I deactivated the service as i am sure i don't need help finding the server and my clients in the LAN.

    Cheers
    Odin4242

  6. #6
    I somewhere did read that MS recommends to disable NetworkingHelperSvc as soon as one has found all servers and clients, which have been lost in the home LAN.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.