Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    How do I check ethernet backhaul is working?

Quote Originally Posted by Srkerd View Post
    I have the exact same star pattern shown in the original post. However I am done waiting and ordered a competitors mesh system...
    Good call!! I managed to email Amazon and they are allowing me to return my Deco M5 even though it was after the 30 days! Now there is a company with good customer service and support!!

Junior Member jlan421 is on a distinguished road
    Do I have to reconfigure the 2 APs (on the Deco App itself, aside from doing the physical start topology) if I want to have a wired backhaul (I originally set it up as daisy chained network)? Also, I currently have 192.168.0.x LAN, is there a way to change that to say 10.x.x.x network?

Quote Originally Posted by jlan421 View Post
    Do I have to reconfigure the 2 APs (on the Deco App itself, aside from doing the physical start topology) if I want to have a wired backhaul (I originally set it up as daisy chained network)? Also, I currently have 192.168.0.x LAN, is there a way to change that to say 10.x.x.x network?
    You only need to configure the first deco unit,the first unit is workingas router mode by default. After it's setup, you can change it into AP mode if needed. Then add the other deco units into the system via the app, then they will obtain the settings, from the first deco unit. http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1590.html
    No matter the first unit is router or AP, the additional units act as RE (when connected wirelessly), or AP ( when hardwired to each other).
    The Ip of the deco connton be modify. You can find more explanations from Frequent Asked Questions

Can Recommend me smart switch that work with Deco Ethernet Back-haul?

Hi TP lInk,

Pls recommend me a smart switch brand and model which works on Deco Ethernet Back-haul.
    Current try to use Old Dlink DSG-1005A Giga smart switch Ethernet Back-haul not working.
    Direct Deco to Deco working fine. Planing to backhaul the rest deco with Homeplug soon. Pls advise...

Quote Originally Posted by vtngmmk View Post
    Hi TP lInk,

Pls recommend me a smart switch brand and model which works on Deco Ethernet Back-haul.
    Current try to use Old Dlink DSG-1005A Giga smart switch Ethernet Back-haul not working.
    Direct Deco to Deco working fine. Planing to backhaul the rest deco with Homeplug soon. Pls advise...
    I'm planning to buy a TP-Link switch but was wondering if you ever got backhaul working properly? I was using an old Buffalo router (with DHCP/NAT/configured IP) but backhaul wouldn't work consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by TP-Link Deco View Post

@santoshhyadav
    Have you tried to connect the second Deco directly to the LAN port of the main one? Will it work in this case? If yes, it seems an issue between Deco and the switches. Try to change the management IP address of the switches for a check.
    Need to clarify that you need to firstly set up the three units in the same network via the Deco app before you use the Ethernet Backhaul features.
    Is simply changing the IP address sufficient (say to 192.168.0.3), or does the subnet (subnet mask?) need to be changed, as stated in Note 4 in the original post?

Quote Originally Posted by TP-Link Deco View Post
    Ethernet Backhaul is a feature which makes it possible to wired the Deco units together.

Thanks to this feature, every two Deco units can be wired with an Ethernet cable. And Deco will prefer to transmit data between two units through the Ethernet connection, which is more stable and faster than Wi-Fi.

Here are two typical connection structures for Ethernet Backhaul:
    Hi. I am about t purchase a Deco set, and want to check my understanding of the Ethernet Backhaul feature.

But firstly, Q1: Does the Deco system somehow ‘encourage’ devices to use the best Deco unit, e.g when moving around the house?
    (With my current collection of routers/APs/extenders, my devices seem to hang on as long as possible to even the weakest of signals, before eventually changing to a much stronger one... often long after the throughput has dwindled to almost nothing!)

Then Q2: When configured as in the first post in this thread (either daisychain or star) rather the pure wireless mesh, will this feature still work - e.g. will devices still be actively encouraged/forced use the best Deco Wi-fi signal?

Thanks