Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

tl-pa9020p connection

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Before I purchase the tl-pa9020p, I have a couple questions.
    1. In the US, most houses have 2 120v lines going to the circuit breaker box. I assume that both sender and receiver of the tl-pa9020p must be on the same circuit. Correct? And they will not work if one is on one circuit and the other is on the second circuit.
    2. With the tl-pa9020p, there are 2 cat 5 connections. I assume I can use 1 cat 5 port for the router and the second for another device. Correct? And on the receiver, I can use both ports for 2 devices, correct?
    3. I assume if there is any kind of filtering or spike protection, these devices will not work. Correct?
    4. I assume using an UPS with this device will not work, correct?

answers to your question:
    1. in the US, most houses have 2 120v lines going to the circuit breaker box. I assume that both sender and receiver of the tl-pa9020p must be on the same circuit. Correct? not quite sure
    2. And they will not work if one is on one circuit and the other is on the second circuit.
    3. With the tl-pa9020p, there are 2 cat 5 connections. I assume I can use 1 cat 5 port for the router and the second for another device. Correct? yes
    4. And on the receiver, I can use both ports for 2 devices, correct? yes
    5. I assume if there is any kind of filtering or spike protection, these devices will not work. Correct? yes
    6. I assume using an UPS with this device will not work, correct? yes

They should work across separate radial circuits from the same phase / fuse board, but crossing breakers often reduces performance...