Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Help with TP-WA801ND hotspot internet connection to router LAN

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I need instruction to configure my TL-WA801ND to my Linksys Router WRT3200ACM. I need to config the WA801ND Access Point to properly feed my router's WAN Port since I no longer have Internet access through normal channels, cable, dsl, satellite, etc.
    My networking experience is basic but I am learning slowly. Would someone be so kind as to help me as I search for the answer. I know it can be done but I keep getting it wrong. PLEASE HELP..... I need to keep my LAN connections to my other devices both
    wired and wireless as is without using the Linksys Router WiFi radio for normal hotspot connection with a small thumb type adapter for wireless.

confused with the description. do you mean connect TL-WA801ND to the WAN port of linksys router? You don't have modem now? Internet is coming from public Wi-Fi?

I want to connect my TL-WA801ND to the WAN port of linksys router because I have no modem for usual internet connection (cable, dsl,satellite, etc.). My internet will come from my hotspot on my Verizon cell phone. How would I setup to do this. I want to be able to use
    other devices currently connected to my WRT3200ACM router network at home and allow another LAN supported computer access to internet through my home network.

i think client mode is better for you. Setup TL-WA801ND as client so it will hotspot on your phone and transfer it to wired through wan port of linksys router.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton L.Z. View Post
    i think client mode is better for you. Setup TL-WA801ND as client so it will hotspot on your phone and transfer it to wired through wan port of linksys router.
    Thanks. I will try that as soon as I can. I appreciate your help. Too busy with work right now to hobby. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks Anton! It Worked! Reconfigured with Client from AP.

good news