Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Multiple users access VPN using TD-W8960N

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I am have an issue connecting multiple user to a VPN using our TD-W8960N.

For simplicity, I will refer to user A and user B in the scenario:

User A connects to the VPN using the Windows 10 VPN connection. The connection works fine with 1 user on the VPN.
    User B is on the same router TD-W8960N but cannot connect to the same VPN which User A is connected to. The problem is resolved by restarting the router TD-W8960N. User B can then connect to the VPN. However, user A cannot connect to the VPN anymore.

It is definitely possible to have multiple users on the VPN since when we are on a different router, the problem does not exist. What can be done to resolve this?

you can check with VPN provider if you can use one account at the same time on two devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton L.Z. View Post
    you can check with VPN provider if you can use one account at the same time on two devices.
    As mentioned: "It is definitely possible to have multiple users on the VPN since when we are on a different router, the problem does not exist.

Please understand; It is certainly possible to have multiple users on the VPN, regardless of connectivity medium. The issue is the router. Not the VPN. I need to know how to fix this issue. Or are TP-Link routers not capable of this simple task?

most routers are capable of this simple task, but there might be some settings we don't know on the router, you can submit a ticket to tp-link support at here http://www.tp-link.co.za/support-con...E-mail-Support