Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1

    Deco less stable withe latest firmware

    Model :

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version :

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    We are glad to have the new features, but the system seems to be less stable. Audio streams to shoudcast and to chromecast audio stop playing every minute or so. Am I the only one with this problem? Reboot did not help.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by pvds View Post
    Model :

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version :

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    We are glad to have the new features, but the system seems to be less stable. Audio streams to shoudcast and to chromecast audio stop playing every minute or so. Am I the only one with this problem? Reboot did not help.
    You are correct. While I am happy with the new features, speed and stability seem to have taken a hit. And on top of that, the mobile app (for Android at least) force closes nearly every time I launch it

  3. #3
    @pvds It's recommended to send a ticket to the TP-Link support team.

    @rebirth24 May I know the model number and Android version of your phone? Please check if you have enabled "Don't keep activities" under Developer Options. If yes, please disable for a check. In addition, check if you have the phone working in the power-saving mode. If yes, try to disable that mode as well for a check. Thanks.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TP-Link Deco View Post
    @pvds It's recommended to send a ticket to the TP-Link support team.

    @rebirth24 May I know the model number and Android version of your phone? Please check if you have enabled "Don't keep activities" under Developer Options. If yes, please disable for a check. In addition, check if you have the phone working in the power-saving mode. If yes, try to disable that mode as well for a check. Thanks.
    Happens on both my s7 Edge AND Tab s2 (Both Nougat)

    Power Saving Mode = No
    Dev Options? = Not aware of this and why would I need to go into Dev options?

    Note: I "sent feedback" on my 100+ crashes. I am assuming this info goes back to the Dev Team at TP?
    Last edited by rebirth24; 07-11-2017 at 15:27.

  5. #5
    @rebirth24
    Could you provide your TP-Link ID bound to the Deco system? I'll notify the app team to help check into your case.
    You can send it via the Feedback function on the Deco app.
    Launch the Deco app, tap the hamburger icon at the top left corner, tap Help -> Email Us.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TP-Link Deco View Post
    @rebirth24
    Could you provide your TP-Link ID bound to the Deco system? I'll notify the app team to help check into your case.
    You can send it via the Feedback function on the Deco app.
    Launch the Deco app, tap the hamburger icon at the top left corner, tap Help -> Email Us.
    After it crashed again... I sent the feedback.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    After it crashed again... I sent the feedback.
    Thanks. I have checked with the team and they have received your feedback.
    They will look into this case. If need more info, they will contact you directly via the email.

  8. #8
    Also just read up on this dev option. You seriously expect us to enable this??

    Actually, it is a "developer option for a reason." It is not an excuse. About this option, Google's Dev site says this:


    Tells the system to destroy an activity as soon as it is stopped (as if Android had to reclaim memory). This is very useful for testing the onSaveInstanceState(Bundle) / onCreate(android.os.Bundle) code path, which would otherwise be difficult to force. Choosing this option will probably reveal a number of problems in your application due to not saving state. For more information about saving an activity's state, see the Activities document.


    It is supposed to be used for testing an app's ability to save its state when the OS shuts it down. The OS normally only does that when you get close to running out of memory.

    Ultimately, the end result of turning this option on for non-development reasons is two-fold:
    1. Longer app launch time and shorter battery life... Apps need to do more work than necessary to launch because they are always launching from scratch
    2. Unexpected behavior from apps where developers forgot to test their ability to save their state when they are forced to shutdown

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    After it crashed again... I sent the feedback.
    The crash issue only happens after you update the latest app version (1.2.3)? Does it also exist with the earlier version?

    Have you tried to uninstall the app and then re-install it?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TP-Link Deco View Post
    The crash issue only happens after you update the latest app version (1.2.3)? Does it also exist with the earlier version?

    Have you tried to uninstall the app and then re-install it?
    Earlier versions I did not have this issue. This only occurred after I updated to the latest version.

  11. #11
    Same for me Android 7 on Samsung S6 and every time I start the app it crashes and needs to restart. After the restart it opens fine, quite annoying

  12. #12
    Latest android update is worse than the last one?!?!? Now it just hangs on a white screen. It sometimes sees all the Deco's and sometimes does not. And that was AFTER a removal and reinstall. Terrible!!!

  13. #13
    As others have mentioned I have frequent dropping of wifi connection to wifi devices. Once dropped, I have to manually reconnect the device.

    Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20170725 Rei. 55542 Hardware Version: 1.0

    Not happy.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D View Post
    As others have mentioned I have frequent dropping of wifi connection to wifi devices. Once dropped, I have to manually reconnect the device.

    Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20170725 Rei. 55542 Hardware Version: 1.0

    Not happy.
    App continues to crash and I have sent several crash reports. Tech Support / Dev Team could care less....

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    App continues to crash and I have sent several crash reports. Tech Support / Dev Team could care less....
    I wouldn't go that far. I believe they care and I bet they are working on it. I can appreciate the difficulty in finding the proper fix that doesn't mess something else up. I have tested and worked with a number of routers over the years and the Deco M5, even with the current issue is one of the best units out there. I know it is hard, but I bet with a little patience they will correct the issue.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.