Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

TD-W8960N latest firmware

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hi all,
    I have recently purchased on Amazon one brand new TD-W8960N (V5 0x00000001). When I logged in to change settings and, possibly, update its firmware I've found it is running "1.2.1 Build 151228 Rel.33457".

I'm puzzled and slightly alarmed by the fact that TP-Link website reports the latest version as dated (build?) 141107, version (as far as I can tell from the file name, "
    TD-W8960Nv5_un_1_1_1_141107R34856.bin") is 1.1.1.

The long and the short of it is that the naming scheme is unclear to me. Can anyone shed some light?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, 141107 is the Firmware version, and it's the Published Date. Hmm....141107 is the latest firmware on the website for Hardware V5, but seems you have a newer firmware. Did you check the Hardware and Firmware on the web interface page? What's the Hardware shows on the label at the back of the modem?

Hi Anton, and many thanks for replying.
    As I recall the label says V5 thus "TD-W8960N (V5 0x00000001)", which is printed on the main page, didn't surprise me. I don't have the router handy right now but I will double-check and, possibly, attach a picture.
    I was thinking of "downgrading" the firmware as I don't trust this software version. I just need to find the time to make sure I backup (and write down) the settings.

How could this happen? Anyone has ever reported a similar issue?

yeah, better to double check the label, will wait for your picture.