Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

T2600G-28TS: newbie question on managed switch

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

sorry for misusing this expert forum for newbie's questions!

I just received my new T2600G-28TS. I connected it behind my access-router. I amanged to assign a different device IP-address (according to my router-IP-address) (I did that in Routing-InterfaceList-VLAN1) and did a formware upgrade.
    So far so good.

When trying to get NTP administrated or doing a ping-out (Maintenance-NetworkDiagnosePing), that doesnt work. Seems like the basic configuration is blocking all out-going traffic.
    On my small switch TL-SG108E it was easy and the basic configuration let the managed switch just start working as an un-managed one.....

How can I get the T2600G work like an un-managed switch to start with?

Bernd

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by speedAmaster View Post
    On my small switch TL-SG108E it was easy and the basic configuration let the managed switch just start working as an un-managed one.....
    So does the T2600G in basic (factory default) setup.

To ping systems outside of your local subnet using the switch's built-in Network Diagnostics ping and to use an external NTP server also outside of your subnet, you need to set up a default gateway for the switch in addition to an IP. See pages 8/9 in the T2600G manual for instructions on how to set up a default gateway: http://static.tp-link.com/T2600G-52T...on%20Guide.pdf