Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

TL-WA855RE won't connect to router when mac filter is enabled on router

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hi,

I bought TL-WA855RE and I'm trying to connect it to my TP-LINK 1043ND router.

Router has MAC filtering enabled and the extender won't work with this setting.
    The second I turn MAC filtering OFF on the router, the extender connects to router with no problem. But when I re-enable MAC filtering on router, it immediately disconnects and in extender settings it says "no signal from router" and the connection LED is off.

I did add MAC address of TL-WA855RE to router.
    Actually, I added three different MAC addresses - one that is written in extender's settings (in the settings web), another one that is written on the bottom of the extender and another which router detected when the MAC filtering is turned off ("translated MAC" I believe it is called).

I even updated the firmware to 17/02/17 version. And it still won't connect.

So, the question is, can this extender work with router that has MAC filtering on, and how do I setup it?

Thanks

Hi , there is an instruction which applies to your case:
    http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-927.html

Hi, no, this doesn't work.
    Like I wrote in the beginning, extender WILL NOT connect to the router once I enable MAC filtering on the router even with extender MAC added on the router.

did you find the 2.4G mac address of the extender under wireless statistics on the router? the mac address that you enter on the router probably is not the correct one.

Yes, I added three different MAC addresses
    Actually, I added three different MAC addresses - one that is written in extender's settings (in the settings web), another one that is written on the bottom of the extender and another which router detected when the MAC filtering is turned off ("translated MAC" I believe it is called).

that's strange. maybe you can contact support@tp-link.com to get some advice.

I will explain the solution that I found in Spanish to explain correctly. Sorry.

Tuve un problema similar, necesito utilizar el extensor TL-W855RE con un router principal (host) con filtro MAC activado.

El problema son las direcciones IP, aquí mi caso:

MAC del equipo tplink: [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]70:4F:572:3F:2C
    [/COLOR]MAC del SSID tplink: [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]70:4F:572:3F:2D

[/COLOR]Es necesario deshabilitar el filtro MAC en el host, para identificar la dirección MAC que realmente llega al host, y en mi caso encontré el siguiente: [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]72:4F:562:3F:2C

[/COLOR]Ahora lo más extraño, si habilito el filtro MAC nuevamente, luego de configurarlo con la dirección [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]72:4F:562:3F:2C incluida, no se conecta el repetidor.

[/COLOR]Encontré que existe otra dirección que es necesario incluir, y que no aparece por ningún lado, simplemente la adiviné, y fue: [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]72:4F:562:3F:2D

[/COLOR]es decir la siguiente dirección a la que realmente identifiqué antes ([COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]72:4F:562:3F:2C)

[/COLOR]Entonces, incluyendo en el filtro MAC las dos direcciones ([COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]72:4F:562:3F:2C y [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]72:4F:562:3F:2D) el extensor se conecta al host. Bien rara la programación de este extensor tplink.

[/COLOR]Además, para agregar nuevos dispositivos que se conectarán al tplink, es necesario incluir en el host una dirección MAC combinada, los tres primeros valores corresponden a la dirección MAC de tolink y los otros tres valores a los últimos valores de la MAC del dispositivo, ejemplo:

MAC tplink: [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]72:4F:562:3F:2C[/COLOR]
    MAC laptop: 9C:AD:97:39:6C:F9

Entonces la dirección [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]72:4F:56:[/COLOR]39:6C:F9 debe incluirse en el router principal (host).

Está bien raro esto, pero parece que así funciona.

Good luck.