+ Reply to Thread

Sg-108e port trunk concept

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hi,

Just have to units of this device.

I'd like to know if my intention will work using the 108E model.CurrentlyI have a PTP link running at 25Mb aggregate link capacity - each ends were terminated using SG-108E. Now I am intending to add another PTP connecting the same endpoints with link capacity of approximately 60Mbps. Now is it possible to to use Port Trunk feature of SG-108E to combine this two links and achieve a somewhat total capacity of 85Mbps. If 108E is not able to address my intention, which model of TP link managed switches will you recommend.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
    Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by nastitek View Post
    Now is it possible to to use Port Trunk feature of SG-108E to combine this two links and achieve a somewhat total capacity of 85Mbps.
    Yes, the TL-SG108E supports up to two static Link Aggregation Groups. The aggregation arithmetic in static LAG is based on source MAC/destination MAC of a connection. This means that only a whole network can profit from the bundled bandwidth, but not a single station. If static LAG is sufficient for you, the TL-SG108E can do that. But if you need more advanced LAG features such as LACP, the TL-SG2008 would be the next candidate in the low-cost price range.