Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

[NC250] DDNS lost after upgrading to 1.2.1 b170515

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I've just lost the configuration of ddns after the firmware upgrade, couldn't find it anywhere in the embedded webserver.
    Is the functionality completely gone? Is there any workaround?
    Thanks

This function has been removed from the new firmware since we can use cloud account to view the camera.

I need to get back the DNS function or downgraded from finrware to the previous version where the DNS function is available because I use this function.

Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Robson-sp View Post
    I need to get back the DNS function or downgraded from finrware to the previous version where the DNS function is available because I use this function.Thanks for listening.
    Same here

Does anyone have a solution to the problem that TP LINK created by removing the DNS function from the ipcamera nc250 configuration? Can anyone solve it? Or downgraded to the previous version of finrware?

Tks

no idea, but you can contact TP-Link support and ask for suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by flying snow View Post
    no idea, but you can contact TP-Link support and ask for suggestion.
    Suggested and still not answered

Tp-link technical support has no solution. My 5 ipcameras nc250 are bad without the DNS function because it loses ip and does not reconnect.

Tp-link technical support has no solution. My 5 ipcameras nc250 are bad without the DNS function because it loses ip and does not reconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by Robson-sp View Post
    Hi,
    How about setup DDNS on your router, and set a address reservation for the cameras?

I have several cameras in different locations ... in my routers only have the option of 1 DNS ... do you know how to do another type of DNS configuration with IP reservation on the router? can you explain me ?

hi robson-sp, you can login the web management page of the camera to change its http port to a different one, then open that port on your router. so you can use domain name: port number to access the camera.

Hi,

The real problem is: -> tp-link removed the DNS option where I placed login / password and when my internet provider changes ip (dynamic) ipcamera does not reconnect automatically because the DNS function has been removed .. And the camera does not renew the IP ... I tried on my router the IP RESERVE option but it did not work either ... I have 5 nc250 cameras and they are partially disabled ...

Yes, the WAN IP address changes on the router, you can login your DDNS account on the router, then the DDNS domain name is binding to the WAN IP of your router. On the web interface of the camera, go to Advanced--Network--HTTP port, setup a port number of the camera, such as port 8080. And setup an IP reservation on the router for the camera, for example 192.168.0.10, then do a port forwarding on your router: open the port 8080 for IP 192.168.0.10, after that, you can access to the camera with DDNS domain name:8080

I configured on my router the ip reservation I did however I have 5 nc250 cameras and the router only has DNS option (login / password and address) to only manage 1 nc250 camera the other 4 cameras do not update ip. And now ?