Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

NC450 Doesn't Recognize SD Card

Model : NC450

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 1.2.4

I just bought a NC450 camera and everything works fine except the SD Card Slot, i try to use a SanDisk 32GB and a SanDisk XC 64GB and the TP-Link App for Android also the TP-Link Software for Windows doesn't recognize any SD Cards, i wish to know how i can configure correctly the SD Card of the camera.

Greetings from Mexico, sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by jordi_ralph; 05-08-2017 at 13:49.

Hardware Version : V1

I have a similar problem with SD card. Card is recognized but with wrong size, instead of 16GB size is mentioned on application just 4GB. Everything is working even with storing but dont understand why only 25% of card capacity is used as there is support till 32GB cards sizing.

I try to format card in PC (size 16GB, fat32) successfully, PC and other devices can loaded card till 15,8GB without problem. But if this card is stored in NC450 I have again information that just 4GB is used.

Anyone know where is the issue?

I will try to used another card to see if this is card problem or camera problem to eliminate this...

BR, Martin

Similar issue

Hardware Version : V1

I have a similar problem with SD card. Card is recognized but with wrong size, instead of 16GB size is mentioned on application just 4GB. Everything is working even with storing but dont understand why only 25% of card capacity is used as there is support till 32GB cards sizing.

I try to format card in PC (size 16GB, fat32) successfully, PC and other devices can loaded card till 15,8GB without problem. But if this card is stored in NC450 I have again information that just 4GB is used.

Anyone know where is the issue?

I will try to used another card to see if this is card problem or camera problem to eliminate this...

BR, Martin

I also have a problem with SD card on my NC450 camera.After when I updating firmware to version 1.2.4 for some time all worked well.I use option “24 hour recording” and after some time my SD card (32GB SanDisk) became full.But for next few days the SD card was still detectable all the time and everything worked fine.However today, when I wanted to watch the historical recordings, I saw the information - "Please insert an SD card into the camera to store records".But I didn’t remove the SD card. Also in options “house with thief” there is message "Sd card works properly" and in the recording settings there is "SD memory 28.22GB / 29.71GB".I think this is a bug in the new software related with the 24 hour recording option.As I'm on vacation I can’t format the sd card or reset the camera.It would be nice to add these options in to the tpCamera application.

Nc450 sd card problem

I also have a problem with SD card on my NC450 camera.After when I updating firmware to version 1.2.4 for some time all worked well.I use option “24 hour recording” and after some time my SD card (32GB SanDisk) became full.But for next few days the SD card was still detectable all the time and everything worked fine.However today, when I wanted to watch the historical recordings, I saw the information - "Please insert an SD card into the camera to store records".But I didn’t remove the SD card. Also in options “house with thief” there is message "Sd card works properly" and in the recording settings there is "SD memory 28.22GB / 29.71GB".I think this is a bug in the new software related with the 24 hour recording option.As I'm on vacation I can’t format the sd card or reset the camera.It would be nice to add these options in to the tpCamera application

Hi, is the issue solved?

Hi,
    Hard resetting the camera (removing the power plug) did't help. I was still seeing "Please insert an SD card into the camera to store records". Everything went back to normal after formatting the SD card in PC.
    I'm again use "24h recording" option and I'm afraid that when SD card will be full the proble will return again. We will see in few days.

Thanks for the information