Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    EAP wall mount: why is it recommended to install with ethernet port downward?

    Model :

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version :

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    Just bought an EAP225 and when reading the Quick Installation Guide (Wall Mounting section) I notice that you recommend installing the EAP with the ethernet port downward. Is there a particular reason for this? I would prefer installing it the other way around. Following the recommendation also means that the logo will be upside down.

    Thanks,
    /Stefan

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanh View Post
    I notice that you recommend installing the EAP with the ethernet port downward. Is there a particular reason for this?
    Not that I know of. You could also mount it the other way around. No idea why they have added this recommendation to their installation guide. Maybe someone has complained about the Ethernet cable not going straight to the outlet at the bottom of the wall if the EAP is mounted with the logo in its correct position.

  3. #3

    Red face

    OK - thanks!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanh View Post

    Just bought an EAP225 and when reading the Quick Installation Guide (Wall Mounting section) I notice that you recommend installing the EAP with the ethernet port downward. Is there a particular reason for this?.
    It's an installation stipulation of certification authorities such as CE,FCC and IC. Hope the upside down logo don't bother you too much.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tplink_smb View Post
    It's an installation stipulation of certification authorities such as CE,FCC and IC. Hope the upside down logo don't bother you too much.
    OK - thanks. Do you know the reason for it?

  6. #6
    I hope the regulatory authorities allow for an exception of this stipulation if the EAP is mounted at the ceiling in the center of a room.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.