Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Ethernet backhaul

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I see no performance increase when connecting deco's via Ethernet, I don't think is working that way.

Oh great.. This is why I ordered it for this feature. It doesn't look like you can forward ports either. Guess I'm sending this device back.

Administrator
    Deco actually supports the Ethernet Backhaul feature.
    However, you need to upgrade to the latest firmware version(170330) at first.

Yes ethernet backhaul is working. Hopefully they get the port forwarding fixed

Quote Originally Posted by dbmet View Post
    Yes ethernet backhaul is working. Hopefully they get the port forwarding fixed
    As for port forwarding, it's not a problem but a new feature for Deco M5. It will soon be added in future firmware releases. Please pay attention to any firmware updates.
    Thanks.

That's ok I took the system back. It was fast but I had Too many devices that wouldn't connect and no port forwarding. Parental controls didn't work either. I scheduled them but the system wouldn't pause anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dbmet View Post
    That's ok I took the system back. It was fast but I had Too many devices that wouldn't connect and no port forwarding. Parental controls didn't work either. I scheduled them but the system wouldn't pause anything.
    1. Too many devices that wouldn't connect
    May I know exactly what devices wouldn't connect?

2. Parental controls didn't work either.
    Please tell me what kind of demand you want to achieve with Parental Control. And your detailed settings about that.
    Note: If you want to block a specific website, you need to type in the full domain name of the website due to Trend Micro's filter policy. For example, if you want to block access to Google's home page, then you need to type in www.google.com.

1. Netgear wnce2001 wouldn't connect, Brother Printer wouldn't connect, Carrier infinity Thermostat wouldn't connect

2. Time based bedtime parental control wouldn't pause the devices. I set up 3 different devices and none of them would pause.

1. Netgear wnce2001 wouldn't connect, Brother Printer wouldn't connect, Carrier infinity Thermostat wouldn't connect
    Deco supports WPA/WPA2 as the wireless security type. Please make sure all these devices are WPA/WPA2 capable. If not, try to connect the device to Deco M5 with an Ethernet cable.

Time based bedtime parental control wouldn't pause the devices. I set up 3 different devices and none of them would pause.
    As we know, the bed time is the period during which devices cannot get internet access. The time setting is based on the time of your phone and will automatically switch to daylight mode according to actual location.
    Please check this point. In addition, please also check that if the devices have automatically switch to other wifi signals or get cellular data.

1. All device support wpa/wpa2. You can't run a cable and connect it to air conditioner thermostat like a nest or the wnce2001. The printer I can connect with cable. 2. Phone time is accurate as it automatically updates the time from the towersLooks like y'all need some beta testers for this product
    Quote Originally Posted by TP-Link Deco View Post
    1. Netgear wnce2001 wouldn't connect, Brother Printer wouldn't connect, Carrier infinity Thermostat wouldn't connectDeco supports WPA/WPA2 as the wireless security type. Please make sure all these devices are WPA/WPA2 capable. If not, try to connect the device to Deco M5 with an Ethernet cable.2. Time based bedtime parental control wouldn't pause the devices. I set up 3 different devices and none of them would pause.As we know, the bed time is the period during which devices cannot get internet access. The time setting is based on the time of your phone and will automatically switch to daylight mode according to actual location.Please check this point. In addition, please also check that if the devices have automatically switch to other wifi signals or get cellular data.

Could you tell me the detailed model number of these three devices?

Tried Ethernet backhaul in a new installation tonight and it failed. The AP Deco started reshooting as soon as we plugged the Ethernet cable in. The cable previously worked for a homegrown wifi extended setup, but further digging revealed that it only has 4 wires connected, not all 8. Still, Ethernet should work across it I would think. It used to. No?

Angry Doesnt work

Just bought a tripple pack of D5s, just to find out that the needed ethernet backhaul isnt working for me. Why?????

setup is:
    floor: modem = router1 = d5 n1

2nd floor: (router1)=switch=d5 n2

My first attempt to set up Ethernet backhaul failed. The process of adding the second Deco unit hung at some point after it was recognized. It was at one of those steps that was supposed to take less than a minute, and gave up after 15. Then I was able to connect it with the Ethernet disconnected. Should I just plug in the Ethernet cable and hope that it helps? How do I tell that the backhaul is working. Are there tools that would accurately measure the difference in Wifi speed?

Ethernet backhaul not working here either. Latest update on all Deco's.