Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

TP Link AV500 loses constantly losing connection

Model : TP Link AV500

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : Netherlands Ziggo

Hi,

My apologies in advance as I'm not very technical with these matters, so please bear with me.

I purchased a TP Link AV 500 extender as the walls between the router and the back of the house are very thick. The extender works ok in terms of receiving a signal but it constantly loses connection to the internet.
    The way I get it back is to go to System Preferences on my Mac, Network > Wifi Connection > Assist Me > Diagnostics (at which point it shows that Wifi, Settings, Network settings and ISP are on green) but Internet and Server are yellow - indicating a problem. I then click on the network Link Name (TCP Link Home) > Continue > Choose Wi-Fi under Port configuration > Choose network TP_LINK_BC8FDC > Continue > Network Diagnostics wants to access key TP_Link_BC8FDC in your keychain > Click Always Allow > Quit and comes back up.
    5 minutes later and it's gone again.

Just to give you an idea how often it drops, by the time I finished writing this email it had dropped twice already!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: How do I find the Hardware and Software versions?
    Last edited by Montague; 04-12-2017 at 10:45.

Any help?

Can anyone assist with this at all please?

What's weird is that my VPN connection remains fine i.e. the connection is good but if I have a separate window or Skype open, they (Skype and internet page) both drop connection regularly with the VPN window remaining ok.

Are you supposed to do something on this forum before anyone assists? I don't mean to be rude just asking.