Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Question CPE510 / 210 - When in PtP mode is there any benefit from using MAXtream and QoS?

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

As per the title..in a simple Point to Point deployment, as in AP / Client is there any real-world measurable benefit from using MAXtream and QoS?

Having tested some such setups I can't see any at all.

MaxStream is a proprietary protocol of TP-LINK used to work in environments with excessive noise, and helps to immunize the interference caused by other signals in the environment ... and ensures the direct connection between devices only of the MaxStream family and that it Have enabled, devices of other brands, can not connect to them ...

This works just like the UBNT's AirMax ...

Must be used freely, taking into account the amount of important noise in the environment that affects its connection determined by the Spectrum Analysis tool

Regards...
    Victor A. Ramos M.
    va.somar.m@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +51980989627

==== if you want to send a personal message, consider my time zone (-5GMT Perú)====
    ==================== my sleep time is sacred ===================

Quote Originally Posted by RTouris View Post
    As per the title..in a simple Point to Point deployment, as in AP / Client is there any real-world measurable benefit from using MAXtream and QoS?
    No, MAXtream is not useful for a PtP link. On my PtP links using MAXtream led to somewhat reduced WiFi bandwidth, probably due to protocol overhead. It is indeed useful in PtMP setups. See http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=694

Re QoS: WMM might be useful for multi-media content. Generally, usefulness of QoS depends on application's data stream types.
    Last edited by R1D2; 04-06-2017 at 15:02.

WMM and QoS are treated as different options in CPE510's UI. My question was focused towards the QoS part

WMM and QoS are treated as different options in CPE510's UI. My question was focused towards the QoS part
    I know. But as I wrote: it cannot be answered wether QoS is useful if the kind of traffic is unknown, while WMM is a similar quality setting from which any web content will benefit, since implemented in another way as QoS is implemented.
    Last edited by R1D2; 04-06-2017 at 17:53.

The kind of traffic when serving residential needs is as generic as it can get. So in that sense of a variable I guess no-one can give any indication with regards to the direction of whether it's beneficial or not, seeing that it might sometimes be, while others not.

The kind of traffic when serving residential needs is as generic as it can get.
    Ok, then turn on QoS. It will prioritize VoIP and video/audio streams over regular data transmissions and the latter over file transfers using peer-to-peer and other file transfer protocols.

This is my question precisely...I definetly would if there were no routers behind both the AP and the Client CPEs...Are we positive that the PtP 'bridge' (AP / Client CPE) in this simple case **also** assures additional QoS on top of what is enforced by the routers which handle the subnetworks traffic?

This is my question precisely...I definetly would if there were no routers behind both the AP and the Client CPEs...Are we positive that the PtP 'bridge' (AP / Client CPE) in this simple case **also** assures additional QoS on top of what is enforced by the routers which handle the subnetworks traffic?
    To a certain extent yes, because data packets are re-ordered for transmission and so will arrive sooner or later at the connected router.

Enable QoS, WMM and Short GI.