Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member pjwhite is on a distinguished road

Angry tl-sg1024sde Easy Smart Switch "no switch exists in the local area network"

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I have the 24-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Switch (TL-SG1024DE) but when I run the Easy Smart Configuration tool, I get "no switch exists in the local area network". I get this over wi-fi, and I even get it when I'm plugged directly into the switch itself!
    I have FIOS, and a Verizon router which I'm assuming is the problem, but I'm not sure what to do to fix the issue. I have V2 and confirmed on the box, so I know I'm running the right software.
    My setup is router -> switch -> a few things.
    If I go to 192.168.1.1, I get an annoying Verizon login (I hate how they "manage" everything on their end, even knowing my wifi password... but I digress).
    What should I do? How can I make the software recognize the easy smart switch? Why isn't it recognizing it even when I plug directly in to it?
    Otherwise, it works fine. Everything plugged into it works perfectly and the lights work fine. I just would like to change some settings.
    Thank you for your help!!!

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pjwhite View Post
    What should I do? How can I make the software recognize the easy smart switch?
    Why don't you use the built-in web UI of the switch? Using the Easy Smart Configuration tool needs to mess around with Windows and its setup.

To log into your switch through the built-in web UI, connect the PC to it and set the PC to an unused static IP in the 192.168.0.0 network (e.g. 192.168.0.10). Then start a browser and address the web UI using the URL http://192.168.0.1/. The login form of the switch's web UI should appear (if not, restore the switch to factory settings to ensure it has IP 192.168.0.1).

For the details, see http://static.tp-link.com/res/down/d...24DE_V2_UG.pdf, chapter 3 (page 9).

Why isn't it recognizing it even when I plug directly in to it?
    Probably your Verizon router blocks certain requests needed for discovery. You could remove the switch from the network, connect your PC directly to it, set a static IP on your PC as described above and it should work. But it's much easier to just use the built-in web UI instead of the ESC tool IMHO.