Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Issue linking Kasa to Google assistant

    Model :

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version :

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    Im super excited about the new Google home update which makes tp-link smart devices compatible. However, I cant even get my Kasa/Tp-link account to link. I get the message saying that its successfully linked but I dont see any of my plugs. I go back to the ''add devices'' screen and tplink is still under the add new list. I did it over and over and keep getting the same result. Anyone have any ideas?

  2. #2
    I too am having this issue. Frustrating. How do I get around this?

  3. #3
    Make sure the devices are set for remote access.

  4. #4

    I am having the same issue

    Exactly the same issue. It says it was successfully added but nothing shows up and tp-link is available to add again.

  5. #5
    remote access - mine are.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tvelzy1 View Post
    Exactly the same issue. It says it was successfully added but nothing shows up and tp-link is available to add again.
    I was able to connect all my plugs last night after using my GFs Iphone to link my tplink and google assistant accounts. Previously, I only tried using my android tablet and phone. This is what led to the endless loop. I hope that helps out anyone else having this issue. Just borrow someones Iphone and it should link up just fine.

  7. #7
    I was able to connect all my plugs last night after using my GFs Iphone to link my tplink and google assistant accounts. Previously, I only tried using my android tablet and phone. This is what led to the endless loop. I hope that helps out anyone else having this issue. Just borrow someones Iphone and it should link up just fine.

  8. #8
    Interesting. I'm on android. Wonder of the others are also.
    Edit: I tried from my iPad, and it did the same thing as my android phone.
    Last edited by redbeard; 03-31-2017 at 19:57.

  9. #9
    Please refer to the FAQ to configure again: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1534.html
    If still same issue, please provide the screenshots of the error message.

  10. #10
    My devices finally just showed up. Might have been the iPad, or something on the back end at TPLink or Google.

  11. #11
    Junior Member andyberry is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1
    Same issue for me.
    I've confirmed that my HS100 is set for Remote Access. When I add TP-Link in Google Home, I'm taken to the tp-link site to authorize, which I do.
    Then it flashes to the Devices screen, Rooms, Screen, Then back to Devices. Nothing shows up. I get a little notification advising that authorization was successful.

    I've logged in, out, rebooted, checked for updates... Stumped.
    I'm attempting this on Android, BTW.

  12. #12
    I am also having the same issue. I have two hs100 smart plugs and have not been successful with either of them. Both are set for remote access. I am also on Android (I have tried on multiple android phones and tablets) . I keep getting the message that authorization is successful but Google Home goes back to Add Device screen with list of products including tplink.

  13. #13
    Update on above. I have two Google Homes linked to two different gmail accounts. I got my brother's iphone and was able to link tplink account to one of my gmail accounts. That Google Home can now control the smart plug via voice commands. For the other account I am still trying to authorize via android phone and am still stuck in the loop as mentioned above. So the issue seems to be with Google Home android app's integration with tplink. My advice would be to use iphone to link/authorize the accounts for now. On iphone it took me a minute to get this done whereas I have been struggling over last 3-4 days to get it linked via android phone.

  14. #14
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a HS100 (US) with remote access enabled. Hardware version: 1.0, Firmware version: 1.1.0.

  15. #15
    I was able to authorise on android phone by using chrome browser. My android phone previously had another browser set as default browser. I removed default browser in Settings-> Applications-> Internet. After that when I tried to authorise using Google Home, it asked me to choose a browser. I selected Chrome from the list of browsers installed on my phone and was then able to authorise without getting into the loop.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.