Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member inspector34 is on a distinguished road

Archer c1200 set up as access point, cannot search for update, or update network time

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I have searched for a while to find something, but cannot. I have an archer c50 set up the same way as i have this one set up, and It retrieves network time from my main router's address. However, the c1200 will not connect. I made sure that i had set the spi firewall to off. I played around with other settings. i'm just not sure what to do. I found some things on another site about setting a static route, but I couldn't get anything to work correctly. Thank you for any help you may be able to give. I searched the forum, and did not find anything like this. I hope this is not a duplicate thread.

Administrator tplink has disabled reputation
    The router checks the updates through the WAN connection.
    When you setup the router as an access point, the router itself acts just as a pure switch.
    You can setup a static route on the router to get network time updated.

Junior Member fbccherokee is on a distinguished road

Instructions

Can you point to help on how to enter in the routing for the time servers?
    Is there a way to do the same thing with the updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by tplink View Post
    The router checks the updates through the WAN connection.
    When you setup the router as an access point, the router itself acts just as a pure switch.
    You can setup a static route on the router to get network time updated.

Administrator tplink has disabled reputation
    Please refer to the FAQ link below:
    http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-560.html

tplink,

lol what?! impossible to set default route, not for lan(this is a typical configuration for AP), not for wan: "The address cannot be 0.0.0.0"- for ipv4, "Invalid format"- for ipv6 "::"
    just a piece of chinese shit

what's your model and hardware/firmware? You may send a screenshot for further help

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  62.1 KBName:  Untitled-2.jpg
Size:  65.2 KB
    OMG! he does not even know my model.. look at the title of the topic!! hardware v1

Sorry for asking the model as you are't the original poster and I just want to make sure. Did you also use the C1200 as AP? Why do you need to set up static routing. Sorry to tell you that 0.0.0.0 is not a valid option to type in

thx captain obvious, you saved my life! mb u tell me ip address of update server? all ip addresses for correctly obtain the update
    Last edited by BABUT; 10-11-2017 at 09:23.

I don't think you can do that, it doesn't look like it's designed that way

nothing impossible in theory. do you think tp-link's guy does not know anything? i think the same but let's give him a chance.in ipv4 my gateway server is 192.168.85.1, c1200 in AP role is 192.168.85.2.
    we have a problem with dns(fig.1)- we can not use gateway's dns, because he in a local network(yes, i know, it is a fucking chinese joke). we will use google's 8.8.8.8(fig.2). how we have a problem with route to 8.8.8.8, fix it with static route(fig.3) and test(fig.4). now we check dns- does work(fig.5).
    it remains only to find all the necessary addresses for firmware updates and set routes for them, useless guy from tp-link help us here. yes, we can do without his help, but let's give him a chance to work out their own bread
    Name:  Untitled-3.jpg
Size:  88.3 KBName:  Untitled-5.jpg
Size:  72.7 KBName:  Untitled-4.jpg
Size:  55.2 KBName:  Untitled-6.jpg
Size:  102.5 KBName:  Untitled-7.jpg
Size:  84.6 KB

before i had a problem with access to 192.168.85.1(for time update over ntp), but now it does not exist. solved through a static route 192.168.85.1/255.255.255.255 over 192.168.85.2(yes, it is ip address of lan interface c1200)

Good work, pal

Dear BABUT, as far as I know, C1200 do not need to set up static IP when acting as an access point. May I know do you set your up your C1200 as an access point? 1. For the fig 1. , sorry to tell you that C1200 does not design in this way. 2. I have tested the ping result when the C1200 work as a router(dynamic IP), and can successfully ping tp-link.com. You may try to ping other website since there may be some unstable on the network.

you just dont understand. your routers can not operate in bridge mode between wifi and wan ifaces. not because they cant, but because you dont give. so we cant use wan iface, but can use lan instead. you think that for a home users only needs to route iphone in internet? no dude, the world is more complicated. so i use as router d2500cc with openbsd, and your routers(this is not the first) as AP(because wifi support in openbsd too bad). you could make a good routers(now you're doing a good price), for this, as a first step, need to throw out your fascist gui and give to users the freedom of actions. but this is not in chinese culture, yep? static routes is only a consequence of
    Last edited by BABUT; 10-17-2017 at 03:14.