Using a different dynamic dns provider in TL-R600VPN
Hardware Version :
Firmware Version :
ISP : [/COLOR]
I am trying to enter configuration for a dynamic dns provider different than the existing choices:
How can I add a new entry?
King regards ,
Hey dude, I don't think there is another way to add a new entry. But the NoIP and DDNS is the most popular one, why you want to change another?
Hello Panda ,
Thank you for your reply.
All right. I was looking for a free service unmanaged service.
Let's see the list in the router:
- Dyndns used to be but it wasn't anymore
- Noip requires a confirm every 30 days
- Peanut seems dismantled o changed into a estore. And everything in chinese
- Comexe takes a long to load and everything in chinese. Dismantled?
These are the facts:
- Some free DDNS providers have been dismantled for different reasons.
- And free services are now charged services.
- As the routers have a closed list this list becomes obsolete and unuseful as time goes by.
- There is not a technical reason for this policy.
- The Internet of things and the new (really not so new) concept of online office make this service very useful.
- A hardware solution for this service is better than a software solution.
I will try Noip. But if there is a problem and it does not work I will have to buy a different router.
I don't know if IOS routers have this flexibility. They should.
I don't understand why the list of DDNs has to be closed for firmware routers. It is a kind of oligopoly.
Best regards ,
Tags for this Thread