Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member stroga is on a distinguished road

Archer T1U OSX Sierra 10.12.3 Driver?

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Any word on when there will be a OSX Sierra 10.12 driver for the Archer T1U nano ac usb wifi dongle

Members QAQ is on a distinguished road
    not ready yet

This is a joke. I've been waiting patiently for months now, as many of us have, but my patience is at an end. I bought this product because it was advertised to support both Linux and macOS. You support neither of them, just old deprecated versions from over a year ago. Please serve your costumers. Get a driver out ASAP.

Hello,

Do we have an update and date for the release of the drivers?

Thanks,

Junior Member jessenyc is on a distinguished road

Any news here? Why is this taking so long?

This is getting ridiculous. I've been waiting for a driver update since December. It's now May. No news. No updates. Not even a clue as to when the driver will be ready. Can you please help us? Remember, we BOUGHT your product and just want it to work. Please don't treat your customers like this.

Bad customer service

For information they never respond to any emails I sent to them. So I have bought a new one Edimax 11n 150M 1T1R Wirelss NAN.
    Much cheaper and it is working perfectly. TP link I guess you have not read anything about customer service!

Junior Member deathanddrek is on a distinguished road
    I have this functioning in Sierra 10.12.5. I don't assume responsibility if you follow these instructions but they are provided in good faith.

Inspired by this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/fil...ierra-working/

Steps:

1. Download http://static.tp-link.com/Archer%20T...161223_Mac.zip

2. The zipfile does not extract for me easily using command-line unzip or the Finder built-in so do this in Terminal.app:
    unzip Archer\ T1U\(US\)_V1_161223_Mac.zip Archer_T1U\(US\)_V1_161223/TP-LINK_Installer.dmg

3. Double-click TP-LINK_Installer.dmg in Finder

4. Copy Installer.pkg to somewhere on your HDD

5. In Terminal.app:
    $ pkgutil --expand Installer.pkg InstallerContents

$ cd InstallerContents/
    $ ls
    Distribution Resources rt2870resources.pkg
    $ cd rt2870resources.pkg/
    $ ls
    Bom PackageInfo Payload Scripts
    $ file Payload
    Payload: gzip compressed data, from Unix
    $ mv Payload Payload.gz
    $ gunzip Payload.gz
    $ file Payload
    Payload: ASCII cpio archive (pre-SVR4 or odc)
    $ cpio -i < Payload

39362 blocks
    $ ls
    API Driver PackageInfo Scripts
    Bom Other Payload UI
    $ cd Driver/
    $ ls
    EICapitan Lion MountainLion Yosemite
    Leopard Mavericks SnowLeopard
    $ cd EICapitan/
    $ ls

RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext

Follow these instructions to install that specific kext: http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/12/how-t...s-in-mac-os-x/

Once restarted, remount the TP-LINK_Installer.dmg and run the Installer.pkg inside it like you normally would. Restart again. When you log in with this user, the Wireless Utility should start up and you can select your Wireless SSID and connect. Done!

I have found for other users you need to set up the Wireless Utility that was installed in /Applications/TP-LINK Wireless Utility as a login item under System Settings > Users & Groups > (User) > Login Items.

Hope that helps!

Thanks deathanddrek - confirmed working for me in Sierra 10.12.5.

Actually confirmation of working was premature - I can see connections in the Wireless Utility but not connect to them.
    Last edited by jimocallaghan; 08-19-2017 at 09:15. Reason: Premature working confirmation

Junior Member mr.dee is on a distinguished road
    developer, or sales marketing, manager or supervisor. What ever the hell your possitions are. Can you pls solved this issue about the (ac450 wireless nano usb adapter. Model no: Archer t1u) running on mac os sierra 10.12.x we have an issue after installing this device on my computer 10.12.x its not recognizing or i would say totally dead. Can you make an update about this product! We been waiting for so long but you have done nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by deathanddrek View Post
    I have this functioning in Sierra 10.12.5. I don't assume responsibility if you follow these instructions but they are provided in good faith.

Steps:

1. Download http://static.tp-link.com/Archer T1U...161223_Mac.zip

2. The zipfile does not extract for me easily using command-line unzip or the Finder built-in so do this in Terminal.app:
    unzip Archer\ T1U\(US\)_V1_161223_Mac.zip Archer_T1U\(US\)_V1_161223/TP-LINK_Installer.dmg

5. In Terminal.app:

$ cd InstallerContents/
    $ ls
    $ ls
    $ file Payload
    $ mv Payload Payload.gz
    $ gunzip Payload.gz
    $ file Payload
    $ cpio -i < Payload

39362 blocks
    $ ls
    Bom Other Payload UI
    $ cd Driver/
    $ ls
    $ cd EICapitan/
    $ ls

Follow these instructions to install that specific kext: http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/12/how-t...s-in-mac-os-x/

Once restarted, remount the TP-LINK_Installer.dmg and run the Installer.pkg inside it like you normally would. Restart again. When you log in with this user, the Wireless Utility should start up and you can select your Wireless SSID and connect. Done!

I have found for other users you need to set up the Wireless Utility that was installed in /Applications/TP-LINK Wireless Utility as a login item under System Settings > Users & Groups > (User) > Login Items.

Hope that helps!
    thank bro

Junior Member ashishraghavan is on a distinguished road

Steps:

5. In Terminal.app:

$ cd InstallerContents/
    $ ls
    $ ls
    $ file Payload
    $ mv Payload Payload.gz
    $ gunzip Payload.gz
    $ file Payload
    $ cpio -i < Payload

39362 blocks
    $ ls
    Bom Other Payload UI
    $ cd Driver/
    $ ls
    $ cd EICapitan/
    $ ls

Hope that helps!
    Thanks a lot for this! This works perfectly on a hackintosh running Sierra 10.12.6. I installed the extension in /Library/Extensions instead of /System/Library/Extensions. It still works though.

Junior Member arjan is on a distinguished road
    just registered to add a post about Archer T1U and OSX, i've bought this as it states that it is osx compatible, but when i installed it from CD, the wireless utility won't open. does nothing. Where can i get a refund TP-Link?

"ElCapitan" folder is misspelled into folder "Driver"

Steps:

5. In Terminal.app:

$ cd InstallerContents/
    $ ls
    $ ls
    $ file Payload
    $ mv Payload Payload.gz
    $ gunzip Payload.gz
    $ file Payload
    $ cpio -i < Payload

39362 blocks
    $ ls
    Bom Other Payload UI
    $ cd Driver/
    $ ls
    $ cd EICapitan/
    $ ls

Hope that helps!
    "ElCapitan" folder is misspelled into folder "Driver". What is supposed to be "l" (ell) is a capital "i" after the capital "E" in "ElCapitan", I know how to rename the file, but I don't know how to rebuild the Install.pkg with this fix.

On the other side,... I followed the instructions but no success on High Sierra.

$ cd Driver/
    $ ls
    $ cd EICapitan/
    $ ls

ElCapitan folder is misspelled inside Installer.pkg. What is supposed to be an "l" (lowercase ell) is a capital "i". Maybe a bug that makes installer doesn't work. I don't know how to rebuild the installer once the folder is renamed to its correct name.

On the other side, I've tried deathanddrek step-by-step procedure but the dongle didn't work on my MacBook Pro (HighSierra)

I have checked that NO driver for MAC os 10.12 on tp-llink official website, only up to OS10.11 for this adapter now