Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Angry RE200 won't give internet access

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I have a RE200 extender connected to a router. (full connection line is: VDSL modem connected with WAN to a router. The router is connected to the RE200 with WiFi. Router is main DHCP server)
    All indication lights on the RE200 are green (I'm connected with 2.4GHz only, so I have 3 lights - wifi, power and 2.4GHz) and I see a proper IP address on the router.

When connecting a device to the extender (I have the name different from that of my main router), I get a "Connected, no internet" message.

I have tried to change DHCP option into all available options.
    I only get a connection when DHCP is set to "on" (in "Auto" and "off" modes, I can't even connect to the extender).

I even tried disabling the main routers DHCP option and set static IP's to each device while leaving the DHCP server "on" on the RE200.
    Nothing works.

I can connect to the extender, but can't get internet access.
    Tried contacting the TP-Link support team, but got no answer for this !!!

Anyone has any idea what's wrong ? It seems to me like some DHCP contradiction or something related to that.
    PLEASE HELP !

Junior Member niradat is on a distinguished road
    I am facing the same issue with my newly bought RE210 Wireless Range Extender.

I am with the same issue.
    RE200 pretty new.
    Support Center sent me a poor answer over signal power that does not regard to this trouble. Disgusting and frustrating !
    Hope anyone could help here.

Junior Member JoseGoldemberg is on a distinguished road

Same Problem!

You're not alone my friend. Let me know if you find a solution to our problem. I'll sure do the same if I do....

Hi everybody.
    I got the solution thru the TP-Link Support Center.
    I encourage you to insist and ask them for support, I cannot describe it here because it is extensive, not simple (for me), I just followed the instructions by phone.
    It requires many parameters reconfig.
    Anyway I asked them to post here the troubleshooting procedure to turn it available for everyone.
    Good lucky.

Junior Member WifWif is on a distinguished road

Wink Try using the WPS button to set it up

I had the same problem where I could connect to the extender but yet I could not access the internet. I reset the extender with the button underneath and then I set it up again using the WPS button on my main Wifi box and the WPS button on the extender (the small button on the front). This is "method 2" on the reverse of the instructions and it worked really well.