Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member mcgiorda1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1

    Archer CR700 - Wow Cable -- experiencing lagging performance

    Model :

    Hardware Version :

    Firmware Version :

    ISP : [/COLOR]

    I recently purchased the CR700 to use with my 100mb Wow internet service. Initially, things seemed to run flawlessly. After a few days, I've noticed that I'm getting some lag where pages take 5-10 seconds to load sometimes. I go to the speedtest page for Wow and it tells me it failed the latency test. I've tried other speedtest sites like speedtest.net and the ping part of the test doesn't run. I contacted Wow and had them run tests on their end, and they say the signals all seem good and they do not see anything wrong from their side. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this issue with this modem / router and Wow or not. Are there any sort of tuning settings I can get to with this router that I could use to help the situation? I've looked through all the advanced settings and not seeing anything there. Just to clarify, the machine I'm accessing from is a hard wired connection to the router so wifi is not a part of the equation here.

  2. #2
    It appears there is little support here, Did you ever have any luck?

    Thanks
    Dave

  3. #3
    Junior Member unique_exemplar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1
    I'm having a similar issue. Since I set up this modem, I have had these messages: "there is no internet connection" and "internet connection interrupted". Connection comes back after a few seconds though.Streaming Netflix doesn't seem to be affected, but online games experiences lag spikes. The connection issues are experienced on all devices through both ethernet cable and wifi. I've been running a connectivity monitor for over 24 hrs now. These lag spikes happen at about every anywhere between 1-10 minutes, and they are usually 5000 ms but I've found three instances of 6000 ms happening every 12-13 hrs. I've tried changing every setting I can find, powercycling, and refreshing the signal from the ISP all to no change. I'm convinced the issue is with the modem itself. I bought this one to replace the one that suddenly stopped sending out signal. That one is getting replaced so I will most likely return this when my old modem gets a replacement through the manufacturer.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.