Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Can I disable "Power Saving" / "Stand by" on the latest TL-PA9020P or other AV2000 models?

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I'm considering buying a TP-Link powerline adapter since I already own the Archer C7.

However I currently have the top of the line Netgear PLP-1200 and am facing constant disconnects due to the "power saving" feature of it. I saw TP-Link offers a tool to disable stand by/power save for another model... will that same tool work for any TP-LINK powerline adapter (ie: top of the line latest AV2000 TL-PA9020P)?

Thanks in advance.

wow no support/official answer at all?

This is a user forum, not a vendor support chatline.

Besides, to my experience, disconnects rarely are actually caused by the PLC powersave feature. It's just the standard answer from vendor customer support for ANY problem whatsoever.

For reliable connections, I recommend you skip the AV2000 generation altogether and go with something that has a Qualcomm AV1200 chipset and at least firmware 2.2.1. TP-Link 8030P V2 (not V1, firmware is old there!) would fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
    For reliable connections, I recommend you skip the AV2000 generation altogether and go with something that has a Qualcomm AV1200 chipset and at least firmware 2.2.1. TP-Link 8030P V2 (not V1, firmware is old there!) would fit the bill.
    I have a TL-PA9020P and it is extremely reliable, it has been running for a few months now and I have had not a single problem or disconnect.

The AV2000 is powered by a Broadcom chipset which is far better than the Qualcomm based AV1200 and known to be more reliable.

Power saving is also not an issue on my TL-PA9020P I have a Synology NAS plugged in and the homeplug never goes to sleep.

Not my experience - constant issues with several PA9020P adaptors, zero with the 8000 series...
    Last edited by The Vogon; 03-25-2017 at 01:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
    This is a user forum, not a vendor support chatline.
    Nope, it is supposed to be a vendor tech support forum.

TP-LINK forum Rules
    TP-LINK welcomes you to the TP-LINK Tech Support Forum

Quote Originally Posted by The Vogon View Post
    Not my experience - constant issues with several PA9020P adaptors, zero with the 8000 series...
    My PA9020P had an uptime of close to 2 months, the only reason I rebooted them recently was to install the Jan 17 firmware update.