Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

TL-SF1008P - freezes after a while

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

Hi,

I am using a TL-SF1008 with two Axis cameras at the PoE ports. One cam uses maximum 12,8 W, the other 3,0 W max which is well below the specified power consumption. Since a few days the switch "freezes" with all LED showing a steady light on the ports used. After a power off/on the switch is usable for 30 - 90 minutes before it freezes again.

I have put the 12,8 W camera on a seperate PoE injector with the 3,0 W cam remaining on the switch. With this configuration the switch works normal.

Any ideas? Does the switch possibly "degrades" somehow (it's just 10 month in use)?

Thanks
    rgds FR

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniJet View Post
    One cam uses maximum 12,8 W, the other 3,0 W max which is well below the specified power consumption.
    Could be a problem if you use a lengthy cable. The 802.3af standard assumes a power loss on cable, which yields a maximum power of 12.95 W for PDs. Add 10 to 25% power loss if using switched power supplies. So clearly 12.8 W does not fit in 802.3af power specifications. I would not connect PDs with more than 10 W to 802.3af switches.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_...implementation

Thank you for your immediate answer. I didn't think of cable length, however, it is just 5 m. I'd better continue with a sep. PoE injector.