Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    @Ian thats the same firmware I was emailed, sorry to say it didnt fix my disconnections.

If it works for you let us know though.

Okey dokey. I'll keep an eye on in the coming days, in the hope it sorts, as we're using the plugs for IPTV, we should be able to see if there's an improvement or not. Think Peter mentioned in a previous post, he had a positive outcome, so here's hoping. On a side note, the team I've been working with, at TP-LINK Support, have been fantastic and a pleasure to deal with.

With those betas, I've verified IPTV multicast traffic routing, and got mixed results. The V2 firmware correctly routes multicast traffic from PLC to those LAN clients that have subscribed to the stream, with the other LAN jacks not getting copied. The beta firmware for the V1 fails to get this right, multicast traffic copying to all three LAN ports no matter what. I have reported this finding back, so let's all look forward to a 2nd beta fixing that.

Been busy I completely forgot about this.

Any more news on your testing?

Cant believe last time I talked to support they claimed they had no V2 to exchange for mine, or had any idea when they would have any.
    Completely ridiculous and useless!

Hi guys, sadly, after installing the beta firmware we covered on the V.1's I have, the disconnections are still happening, usually for a minute or so every couple of days. Part of me is thinking I'll just have to put up with the issue, which is just an annoyance really. That said, I'm looking at newer TP-Link TL-WPA8630PKIT V2's on Amazon and considering picking those up.... How's everyone else getting on?

"

Problem I had was I never got a gigabit connection cos I guess my ethernet cable is too long.

"

Ethernet spec supports cables up to 110 Metres long. Probably you are using eBay cables that are not solid copper and don't meet the specs. Proper cables must be solid copper conductors. Ones on eBay are commonly CCA (Copper Coated Aluminium)

I've returned my V1, and since no new firmware has actually been released, I must say lucky me. My V2, with the current public firmware from July 2017, run well.

Still have problems

And they refuse to swap them for V2
    The reason?
    They dont have any, and have no idea when they will get some!!!!

Like seriously, they are the manufacturer! Not a retailer!
    And they dont have them in stock or know when they will have more made?!

Well actually first they claimed that the V2 may cost more and so I would have to pay the difference. It's a V1 and V2 of the same product!
    I refused, and then it was them saying they didnt have any V2's in stock!
    If that was the case then why claim I would may have to pay more?!

Wish I returned these for a full refund instead of being dragged along their wild goose chase!

At least companies like BT will tell you when they are screwing you, these guys pretended to be the nice guys, and still do, all the while lying to you!

So if you still can return them and get a refund and go for another brand!
    Last edited by bigo93; 10-17-2017 at 00:32.

I'm so glad I bought them through Amazon.

So the original manufacturer doesn't have the current version of the product in stock? That's about as steaming a pile of bullshit as you can possibly imagine. After that experience, and particularly after reading what kind of advice we're getting here (case in point: IPv6 support - "nobody really needs that", yeah right), I'm done purchasing TP-Link product.

Use new 2.4.0 NVM file with UK version of 2.2.3 PIB file and flash it. All problems will be solved
    Links:
    http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread....l=1#post214727
    http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread....l=1#post213259

So I want the 2.4.0-TL-PA8030P(UK)V1-170616-BETA.zip download for the 8030P UK plugs right?

But then isnt there a greater chance of bricking the plugs with mismatched files?

If they brick then I posted the TP Link recovery utility on an earlier thread....

Its your own risk. I did it with my 8030P EU devices successfully