Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVille View Post
    Interesting, I did recently add a Vizio TV (hardwired) that supports being cast to. I wonder if that is the source of the problem. But...its hardwired...And I don't use the casting capability. My wifi is just for the laptop and for cellphones to get their data from something other than the tower.
    At the time I didn't even own a TV that had casting capabilities. I have since made the dreaded switch to Uverse and they supply their router. No more issues...

Actually it now looks like its any device capable of casting, that means android phones, tablets and anything else that may be able to cast. The device does not need cast enabled, just capable of casting. TP has said they are issuing a fix (who knows how long it will be before the cable companies push the update). Google has also said its pushing a patch to he issue, again who knows how long before devices get the update.

I recently updated my firmware and it appears to be much more stable. I saw a fix for some Android devices and hopefully that was it. I read an article somewhere else about Android devices waking up or reconnecting to a network and flooding an excessive amount of requests at once. Which could overload a router. Maybe these are related? Either way it appears to have worked for me so I'd suggest giving that a try

Quote Originally Posted by kapono21 View Post
    I recently updated my firmware and it appears to be much more stable. I saw a fix for some Android devices and hopefully that was it. I read an article somewhere else about Android devices waking up or reconnecting to a network and flooding an excessive amount of requests at once. Which could overload a router. Maybe these are related? Either way it appears to have worked for me so I'd suggest giving that a try
    What firmware do you have now?
    Have the same issues with my TC-W7960, Firmware Version:v1.0.3 Build 20160127 Rel358240 Hardware Version:V1.1
    Looking forward for your advice!

Unfortunately, I was prompted last weekend to upgrade. Oddly it came across with any new browser connection I started. So I did it. I don't recommend it as my connections appear to be back to sporadic. WiFi disconnects randomly, mostly on the 2.4 band. Several of my devices I've had to re-enter the passphrase. One Android tablet listed an encryption mismatch or password error, I just don't remember. So now the connections are unreliable. Some users will drop and others stay connected. Very odd. I'm running the latest firmware available on the site. I checked to see if the last one was available so I could revert but to no avail

And my hardware is a v2 if that is of any value

Sounds like the same problem is still there. Damn.....
    You know....it's aggravating because since I started using the ATT router, I have zero issues. That's neither on my normal channel or my 5.0 channel. It's clearly a TP link issue that they haven't (or can't) resolve. BTW, I called Amazon and they issued me a credit on my card that I used to but this TP link router. So....at least I didn't loose any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Efim Armand View Post
    What firmware do you have now?
    Have the same issues with my TC-W7960, Firmware Version:v1.0.3 Build 20160127 Rel358240 Hardware Version:V1.1
    Looking forward for your advice!
    I have the exact same version and drop connection about once or twice a day at random times. I have google a bunch of TP link lights and Google devices so maybe it is possible that the Google spamming issue is impacting me at least.

Junior Member cleatus is on a distinguished road

same here--very unsatisfied

wireless is borderline useless. constant drops, suuuuper slow connections. sometimes takes several minutes before it responds. Pure garbage. Wired seems ok but still only getting 80meg wired on my 200 meg paid for service thru Comcast. signal isn't horrible, but wireless SUCKS. If I could return this POS I would.

mine is ver 1.0 and doesn't have a button to update firmware-- so am guessing they don't have a update to fix this pile. Great.

Got it on Amazon, maybe I can get my $$back and buy something that doesn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post

Got it on Amazon, maybe I can get my $$back and buy something that doesn't suck.
    See my post #22. Amazon credited my CC after I told them the router was defective. No problem....

Confirm, I got a credit from them too.

I also experienced the same thing, I tried to find a solution on the internet and ahirnya I can handle it