Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I see. They probably hard-coded the TX power limitation for EU countries in the SoC-specific flash partition, so the firmware adapts its functionality to this limit.

A very bad idea those times, since OEMs won't be able to sell those devices to foreign customers.

Me thinks, it could be another regulation crap required from manufacturers by the EU bureaucrats in order to be able to sell gear in the EU. Too bad, but seems you have to buy an US model to get 27 dBm. I'm living in Europe, but I also bought US versions of certain technical stuff b/c of stupid EU regulations. Not that I use 27 dBm here in Germany, but I hate being ruled like a child when buying e.g. an iPod with volume regulations for EU kids. That's the famous "global market".
    Last edited by R1D2; 01-09-2017 at 16:46.

3 CPEs that I bought in Europe as of late, they all came from Germany and there was no such limit imposed...all v1.1 :/

sorry. can set to default settings via reset button...???

usualy when default sttings appears in the first screen to country select...

Regards
    Victor A. Ramos M.
    va.somar.m@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +51980989627

==== if you want to send a personal message, consider my time zone (-5GMT Per)====
    ==================== my sleep time is sacred ===================

Quote Originally Posted by RTouris View Post
    3 CPEs that I bought in Europe as of late, they all came from Germany and there was no such limit imposed...all v1.1 :/
    Yes, I can hardly imagine such restrictions on the business-class line, too. But, hey, take a look at the EAP110/120/220s - they now have been locked up for EU, although in firmware, not flash.

I'm in the same situation, someone have solved?

CPE 210 27 dbm___Anyone solved?????

Please anyone solved the 11dbm linitation problem???

I have solved, with openwrt. Now i can set 23dbm, that is the real max power of yhe cpe210.

It will adopt its maximum TX power to the correct legal maximum EIRP of your country.

I am trying to install openwrt in my cpe210 (with the webui) and "error..."

Quote Originally Posted by peppeve View Post
    I have solved, with openwrt. Now i can set 23dbm, that is the real max power of yhe cpe210.
    The real max. power of CPE210 is 27dBm, antenna gain is 9dBi. The CPE510 has maximum real power of 23dBm and its antennas have 13dBi gain.

Both maximum settings (CPE210/CPE510) will give you an EIRP of 36dBm, that is 4,000mW (or to be more precise: 3,981.1mW).

If max. power of the CPE210 is limited to 11dBm in your country, that means that only 20dBm EIRP (11dBm TX power + 9dBi antenna gain = 20dBm EIRP = 100mW) is allowed.

Using 4,000mW in a country where maximum EIRP is limited to only 100mW for very good reasons, this not only could lead to big troubles for yourself, but also the FCC in the US and the regulatory authorities in the EU are reacting by forcing manufacturers to take technical measures which make it impossible to fiddle with TX power at all in the near future.

Even OpenWRT takes such measures to prevent people from abusing TX power settings. See this FAQs:

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/faq/faq...transmit_power

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/faq/faq...t_power_issues

and

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/faq/faq.wireless#regulation_in_law

So you can set any value in OpenWRT's txpower setting, but wether this will actually work depends on other factors such as the active regdb settings in the kernel used by the CRDA (Central Regulatory Domain Agent) in OpenWRT's firmware.
    Last edited by R1D2; 03-14-2017 at 09:41.

Same problem with me...is there any way to set more then 11 dbm..?
    My problem
    1. there is no country option on login page at the begining of open web UI
    2. There is no country On wireless setting after i open WebUI

I think wrong hardware was sent to wrong country
    did tp-link know this..?
    my cases is Europe version send to Indonesia..
    Please help me to solve this problem

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Heri View Post
    Same problem with me...is there any way to set more then 11 dbm..?
    You have to add the antenna gain to get the total radio emission power. I.e. 11 dBm TX power + 9 dBi antenna gain equals 20 dBm EIRP.

That's what is allowed at maximum by the regulatory provisions for your country.

1. there is no country option on login page at the begining of open web UI
    2. There is no country On wireless setting after i open WebUI
    It's gone, b/c it is not needed anymore. There are basically only two versions: one for the EU and countries with same regulatory provisions as in the EU and one for the US market and countries with those regulatory provisions.

If you are living in the US and buy gear from the EU or vice versa, you might get the wrong device, yes. Same as with power outlets.