Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 123
  1. #16
    OK, thanks, that's clear now.

    By the way, I think it's not a good idea to provide localized firmware versions (US, EU, etc) only for wireless channels selection.
    The old universal firmware versions were better designed...
    ● Netgear R7000 (Root Router)
    ● TP-Link Archer C7 v2 (WDS Bridge)


    Home Networks

  2. #17
    Administrator tplink has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by KK4NAG View Post
    When I went to the download page the instructions said to choose the one for your country. I did and ended up with (150924). I am in the USA. Maybe the admin will come back and advise.
    As for your Archer D7, I have proposed a case to our colleague to get a beta firmware.
    Will share it here for you once I get it.

  3. #18
    Administrator tplink has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by HiSpeed View Post
    OK, thanks, that's clear now.

    By the way, I think it's not a good idea to provide localized firmware versions (US, EU, etc) only for wireless channels selection.
    The old universal firmware versions were better designed...
    Actually we don't want to do that.
    However, the FCC, CE and other wifi certifications require the localized versions. Otherwise will be regarded as illegal.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by tplink View Post
    Hi deboralbasso,
    Hi KK4NAG,
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Actually Archer D7 & Archer C7 adopts the same wireless chipset from QCA. So maybe this issue exists with D7 & Killer.
    However, we never receive any similar feedback on D7. Could you reply me the hardware & firmware versions of your D7? So that we can try to get a beta firmware to you.
    If any other problem, please don't hesitate to post and share here.
    Hello - I'm currently speaking on the helpdesk with your staff about this issue with an Archer D7. Ticket #291910.

    Last week I bought a new Dell XPS 13, and it reliably causes my Archer D7 wifi to crash on both bands within 30 minutes to an hour of it connecting. Prior to the introduction of the Dell XPS 13 the Archer D7 was rock solid - I hadn't had to touch it in 6 months.

    When it crashes the bottom 4 lights are switched on solid: Wireless, Internet, ADSL, Power. All other devices on the network are also disconnected (ie the network doesn't become hidden, it dies).

    The only remedy appears to be a reboot.

    I don't have any devices with ethernet to confirm whether or not the router is still reachable without wifi after the crash.

    I'd appreciate a beta firmware if one is in the pipeline since this is quite a frustrating problem!

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tplink View Post
    As for your Archer D7, I have proposed a case to our colleague to get a beta firmware.
    Will share it here for you once I get it.
    I'm experiencing the same issue with a Dell XPS 13 9360 with Killer adapter, and Archer D7 with firmware Archer D7(EU)_V1_160216.
    I think a new firmware version could help solve the issue.

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by tplink View Post
    Actually we don't want to do that.
    However, the FCC, CE and other wifi certifications require the localized versions. Otherwise will be regarded as illegal.
    Sorry, I disagree.
    This choice is new and proper to Archer C7 only, the other TP-Link routers are not like that.
    You can put the channel selection (EU, US, etc.) into the wireless menu without localizing the fimware filename.

    Netgear or Asus are much more "clean" on that point...
    ● Netgear R7000 (Root Router)
    ● TP-Link Archer C7 v2 (WDS Bridge)


    Home Networks

  7. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by permaband View Post
    Hello - I'm currently speaking on the helpdesk with your staff about this issue with an Archer D7. Ticket #291910.

    Last week I bought a new Dell XPS 13, and it reliably causes my Archer D7 wifi to crash on both bands within 30 minutes to an hour of it connecting. Prior to the introduction of the Dell XPS 13 the Archer D7 was rock solid - I hadn't had to touch it in 6 months.

    When it crashes the bottom 4 lights are switched on solid: Wireless, Internet, ADSL, Power. All other devices on the network are also disconnected (ie the network doesn't become hidden, it dies).

    The only remedy appears to be a reboot.

    I don't have any devices with ethernet to confirm whether or not the router is still reachable without wifi after the crash.

    I'd appreciate a beta firmware if one is in the pipeline since this is quite a frustrating problem!
    Permaband, I recommend that you get with Dell soon. I have been speaking with them for nearly two weeks. It seems they have a 48 hr reply window each time you are elevated to a higher level technician. Nice guys overall. The summary for me is that they will replace my machine with a refurbished one and I am pushing for new because it started before the warranty went out. I am supposed to hear from them today with a final answer.
    As a BTW, my desktop is connected with an ethernet and it too, is dropped from the internet. Every wireless device gets disconnected.

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by tplink View Post
    You can try to install the beta firmware as well.
    The beta not only solves the compatibility issue with Killer adapters but also fixes some other wireless problems.
    If it doesn't make sense, it's recommended to create a ticket to TP-Link's support team for a follow up.
    tplink,

    I have since been able to narrow down my tp-link c7 crash to my Acer Aspire S13 S5-371T-56KX laptop connecting to the wireless network. It has Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A wireless network adapter. I have since updated drivers to the latest version, but it still does not stop the router crash. Some times the router crashes right after the laptop is online, and some times it takes 30 min or so for the crash to occur.

    Will the new beta firmware address this problem ?

    Thanks!

  9. #24
    Junior Member dide is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1
    I have the same problem: my Dell XPS 15 with Killer wifi card is causing my TP-Link c7 v2 router to crash.

    The beta firmware is intended for US devices, but I am from EU so the hardware may be different.

    Can I safely install this firmware on my TP-link router, or is there a EU version available?

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by KK4NAG View Post
    Permaband, I recommend that you get with Dell soon. I have been speaking with them for nearly two weeks. It seems they have a 48 hr reply window each time you are elevated to a higher level technician. Nice guys overall. The summary for me is that they will replace my machine with a refurbished one and I am pushing for new because it started before the warranty went out. I am supposed to hear from them today with a final answer.
    As a BTW, my desktop is connected with an ethernet and it too, is dropped from the internet. Every wireless device gets disconnected.
    Hey KK4NAG. Why do you think a new laptop from Dell will solve the issue - presumably the wireless chipset will still be the Killer chip and lead to the same issue? As far as I can tell the issue is due to a incompatibility(/bug?) in the Archer C7/D7.

    To tplink - is there any news on a beta firmware for the D7?

  11. #26
    Administrator tplink has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by dide View Post
    I have the same problem: my Dell XPS 15 with Killer wifi card is causing my TP-Link c7 v2 router to crash.

    The beta firmware is intended for US devices, but I am from EU so the hardware may be different.

    Can I safely install this firmware on my TP-link router, or is there a EU version available?
    I have uploaded the EU version to Wetransfer.
    Please find and download it from the below link:
    https://we.tl/iR9gt2AIZI

    And we do need and appreciate your feedback about the beta firmware so that we can make sure if it does solve the issue on your side and fix it in the official firmware. Thanks in advance.

  12. #27
    Administrator tplink has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by wirelessgeek View Post
    tplink,

    I have since been able to narrow down my tp-link c7 crash to my Acer Aspire S13 S5-371T-56KX laptop connecting to the wireless network. It has Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A wireless network adapter. I have since updated drivers to the latest version, but it still does not stop the router crash. Some times the router crashes right after the laptop is online, and some times it takes 30 min or so for the crash to occur.

    Will the new beta firmware address this problem ?

    Thanks!
    Actually the Killer series adapters also adopts the Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 chipset.
    https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Rivet_Netw...reless-AC_1535
    So I guess it's just the same problem.
    You can try the beta firmware as well.
    Will appreciate if you can post your test result here.

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by KK4NAG View Post
    Permaband, I recommend that you get with Dell soon. I have been speaking with them for nearly two weeks. It seems they have a 48 hr reply window each time you are elevated to a higher level technician. Nice guys overall. The summary for me is that they will replace my machine with a refurbished one and I am pushing for new because it started before the warranty went out. I am supposed to hear from them today with a final answer.
    As a BTW, my desktop is connected with an ethernet and it too, is dropped from the internet. Every wireless device gets disconnected.
    If you can, use the beta firmware provided by TP-Link. It does fix the issue. Otherwise, have dell install, or send you an Intel 8265 to install yourself. A refurbished computer is not going to help this issue at all.

  14. #29
    Administrator tplink has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortecchia View Post
    I'm experiencing the same issue with a Dell XPS 13 9360 with Killer adapter, and Archer D7 with firmware Archer D7(EU)_V1_160216.
    I think a new firmware version could help solve the issue.
    As for Archer D7 V1 EU version, we have got the beta firmware and here it is:
    http://static.tp-link.com/resources/..._V1_160708.zip

    Please download and install the beta on your side and kindly feedback to us if it solves your issue. Thanks in advance.

  15. #30
    Thank you, I flashed the beta firmware on my Archer D7, and reset it to factory settings, but the issue is not solved. Wifi keep crashing, it seems to crash more than before.
    If it could help you investigate the problem, I've installed Killer Adapter driver release 12.0.0.285.

    Now I reverted to firmware version Archer D7(EU)_V1_160216, and found a workaround configuration that worked for some hours without wifi crash. I connected the Dell XPS 13 9360 on 5GHz network, and set the router in mode ac only, no other device is connected on this network. I keep you informed if this configuration continues working.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.