Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp!ke View Post
    FWIW, 1.2.3 doesnt improve matters with Android but with IOS it seems to maintain the connection better albeit with a 5-10 second delay when making changes (as if it is using remote rather than local control).
    I'm not sure we're all talking about the same issue. The issue in this thread is that bulbs (and now once an HS200) drop from the wifi network and cannot reconnect unless they are power cycled. This is clearly a hardware or firmware issue, the app behaviour or version will have nothing to do with it.

Like Dave, I do not use the kasa app for anything other than setting up the devices. My own app (AutomationManager) monitors the devices and will report if any are offline. I'm suspect it's similar in SmartThings which I understand is quite good too.. (Though unless you already have SmartThings it seems odd to purchase a hub to get hubless devices like TP Link's to work, as is trading one cloud (China based TP-Links) for another (Korean based Samsung's)). And as with the other apps, if the TP Link device has dropped off of wifi nothing - not Kasa, AutomationManager, nor SmartThings - can make it work until it's back.

What I have found is a stronger wifi signal - moving them closer to the router - helps them stay connected for longer. Days vs hours in my case. It varies by device (unsurprising as small manufacturing differences will have an effect). But it is still a problem - lighting must always be reliable.

Hi all, glad to see I am not the only one. I have 2 smart outlets and 2 smart bulbs (110) in my house. I ran them without any issues for about 10 months and all of a sudden I am having weird wifi issues. I have reserved IP addresses (based on MAC) to all 3 devices. Distance doesnt seem to be playing much of a role as one of the outlets is literally right next to the router and will disconnect while another is across the house and multiple walls and stays connected.

I am on latest firmware for all of the devices 1.2.3 for bulbs and 1.1.2 for the outlets. I am using r6300 Netgear router and am on a wifi channel that has no one else on it (Ive tried several channels and as well as signal widths 20hz vs 40hz). Ive tried various router firmwares as well. Nothing seems to help.

I have 7 other devices in the house and none of them ever have any issues with WiFi. Only these TP link devices.

Whats strange is that everything worked flawlessly for about 10 months. The only thing that has changed was that I updated firmware on these devices. Is there a way to downgrade it?

Hi all, glad to see I am not the only one. I have 2 smart outlets and 2 smart bulbs (110) in my house. I ran them without any issues for about 10 months and all of a sudden I am having weird wifi issues. I have reserved IP addresses (based on MAC) &nbsp;to all 3 devices. Distance doesnt seem to be playing much of a role as one of the outlets is literally right next to the router and will disconnect while another is across the house and multiple walls and stays connected.<br><br>I am on latest firmware for all of the devices 1.2.3 for bulbs and 1.1.2 for the outlets. I am using r6300 Netgear router and am on a wifi channel that has no one else on it (Ive tried several channels and as well as signal widths 20hz vs 40hz). Ive tried various router firmwares as well. Nothing seems to help.<br><br>I have 7 other devices in the house and none of them ever have any issues with WiFi. Only these TP link devices.<br><br>Whats strange is that everything worked flawlessly for about 10 months. The only thing that has changed was that I updated firmware on these devices. Is there a way to downgrade it?

I've got the reliability sorted as posted here: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread....l=1#post203854. Rock solid now - unlike the kasa app, my app checks them constantly so I can see if they lose connectivity at any time. Since then it's every night gently off to sleep by telling alexa to turn off my other lights and slowly dim my LB130. Every morning the LB130 gently eases back on at the right time, no loud alarm for me. I've got the bulb tinted slightly red as if it's sunrise or sunset. Luxurious !

I installed 2 wifi bulbs last week before leaving on vacation. They worked perfectly until we had several power outages. The wifi plug would come back online within a few minutes. The bulbs would not respond to the app commands for several hours later. After checking the app 2 hours later it showed they were on and I was able to turn them off. The bulbs are installed on two ceiling fixtures where I left the wall switch on and unscrewed the remaining bulbs.