Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Seeing that there's a height difference between the two points, did you account for that when setting the CPEs on the posts given that the elevation beamwidth is 30? In other words you'd have to mount the one of the top of the hill looking somewhat downwards and the one on the bottom of it facing a little upwards..

Yes, I made for them a custom mounting bracket with a joint that allows me to orientate them up or down ... but no results ... I'm thinking to use some laser to aline them

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by M@rius View Post
    Yes, I made for them a custom mounting bracket with a joint that allows me to orientate them up or down ... but no results ... I'm thinking to use some laser to aline them
    I use the information on the Status Page when aligning two CPEs. If this is not possible, I use the LEDs on the client side until I get best signal and then switch around the roles of the CPEs (client will become AP and vice versa) to do the alignment on the other side. Worked o.k. so far. Note, that two CPE510 may need some more time to connect compared to CPE201.

I'm back . I have resolved the last issue, I have added a 3 m extension to my pole and now that connection is working excelent. I need your help for the firs pair , distance 1,6 km, again height diference about 80 m, alignment done by the book but ... signnal quality is horible, it fluctuates from 50% to 60 and some times to 90, signal 69 - 70 dbm, ping time is very high. I have done a signal survey and I have chosen the best chanal. My network is in a rular area without many wierelles interference. I wonder is possible that the second pair to interfere with the first one, although they are on difrent chanels? or the distance of just 1,6 km is too much? Any ideas wil be much apreciated

1.6km is not much at all. I can think of several CPE setups over 3km in heavy rural areas (somewhat congested 5GHz band) with no such issues (signal quality, ping times etc). Perhaps a cabling issue (max distance ~50m from the PoE / quality / earthing / connectors) is the culprit?

Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    Yes. Could be caused by another AP or a weather radar operating in the 5 GHz band (depending on where you live) or anything else. Blue means "peak", red is "current" and yellow (actually sand-brown) means "average" level of signals/noise. But it's not my YT video, I'm just a user of TP-Link gear.

This is a snapshot of a spectrum analysis I just did on my CPE510. Best frequencies (see arrows) would be around 5.480, 5.520, 5.600, 5.640, 5.680 and probably 5.560 GHz. But 5.480 GHz (channel 99, red arrow) isn't allowed in my country for WiFi, so I have five channels with very low noise, namely channels 104, 112, 120, 128 and 136, where on channels 116 to 132 radar could appear then and when, so I would avoid those channels if possible.

Attachment 4539

Sure. This is called Point-to-Multipoint (PtMP) mode. The CPE510 also offers MAXtream, a time-multiplex technique to ensure that every CPE client get's an equal amount of AirTime, thus minimizing interferences of the CPEs on the same channel (you can't use different channels if all clients are connecting to the same AP).

But you should pay attention to the antenna's beam width of the CPE, which is 45 on the H plane and 30 on the E plane. Therefore, if you want to distribute a WiFi signal in a wider range, you should consider use of the WBS510 with a sector antenna such as the TL-ANT5819MS, which offers 120 antenna beam width. See picture below for a typical PtMP setup using 3 CPEs and a WBS with sector antenna. The WBS510 runs under the same operating system as the CPE510 does.

Attachment 4537
    Thanks for information, great answer

You're welcome, johntkc.

M@rius, as for fluctuations in signal quality, this is strange. Can't imagine that both CPEs on the same pole are interfering if on different channels that much, but you could find out by exchanging the channel assignment between the two. Does the first CPE behave the same way if channels are exchanged? If not, it could be either a HW problem or power problem as RTouris presumes. Also check wether it changes if you use MAXtream and consider PtMP mode for testing. Does anything change if you use fixed 802.11n mode?

RTouris my setup is quite direct with cable just 3 m long, let me explain, from my house I have a CPE in AP mode, 1,6 km away on a pole I have a CPE in client mode and from it with PoE passthrougt with 3 m cable i go to the third CPE again in AP mode and finaly 800 m away I have the last CPE in Client mode.
    R1D2 changing to 802.11n or a had a dramatic efect in a bad way the quality drooped to 38%, what I noticed is that my AP with no client connected is at 100% but as soon as the client connects quality is drooping to 60%

hmmm .... something changed for the better in802.11a, AP is at 100% and the client at 80 - 93 %, some times drops to 68

also ping time to the second CPE is excellent 2-3 ms . I'm quite happy with this

off the top of my head..Isn't 802.11a **only** up to 54mbps? (could be mistaken)...

Yes, 802.11a is 54 Mbps and 20 MHz channel width only.

Likely
    Last edited by m88bett; 10-09-2017 at 13:44.
    Vo www.betthethao.com để đăng k ti khoản: m88,m88cvf,m88bet,188bet,w88,bet88