Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessire View Post
    Oddly, while the beta firmware works to L2TP with MacOS Sierra on my 2015 Macbook and iPhone 6 Plus, from my 2014 Macbook I still get failures for the L2TP interface with both the standard Mac L2TP interface and Shimo 4.

So L2TP with the beta firmware:
    2015 Macbook Pro (Sierra): Works
    iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 10.02): Works
    2014 Macbook Pro (Sierra): Fails
    2014 Macbook Pro (Shimo 4): Fails
    Rebooting seemed to fix the problem with the 2014 Macbook Pro. I now have success with the beta firmware using L2TP with all 4 methods.

Worked for me, too, I did not need to reconfigure my router afterwards.
    Thanks!!!!!!!

Rebooting seemed to fix the problem with the 2014 Macbook Pro. I now have success with the beta firmware using L2TP with all 4 methods.
    Also, I just confirmed that it worked with Windows 10 still as well.

How do you setup the L2TP on this router? Especially the Client IP field, only one 0.0.0.0 (Any IP) configuration can be setup. How can I setup L2TP for multiple users with different login name and password but with the client IP random?

Also, I just confirmed that it worked with Windows 10 still as well.
    As of the last OSX and iOS updates, I again cannot L2TP VPN into the router other than immediately after it has been rebooted.

I am running this firmware:
    http://static.tp-link.com/resources/software/TL-ER6020v1_en_1.1.1_20160628-rel58934_up.zip

Windows 10 still has no problem with the VPN, but my Apple products have stopped.

If I L2TP VPN in from either OSX or iOS within a minute or two of rebooting the TL-ER6020, it will connect and work, but not after that.

Did Apple change something again, and is there a newer Beta BIOS that addresses it?