Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,138
    Nice trick! Doesn't solve missing tag support on VLAN 1, but at least allows to limit VLAN 1 to certain ports. Kudos!

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by tpham3783 View Post
    see the URL below to disable vlan1. Instruction is one page 5.

    https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=123324.60
    Thanks, easy solution and nice.

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tpham3783 View Post
    see the URL below to disable vlan1. Instruction is one page 5.

    https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=123324.60
    You are very Smart, I will send email to tp-link also, hope they can change this mechanism.

  4. #19

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by TPTHZ View Post
    You are very Smart, I will send email to tp-link also, hope they can change this mechanism.
    Not sure that need send to tp-link.
    It not resolving any BUG. It HACK.
    BUG not present, it TP-LINK marketing.... If not want fixed VLAN1, must buy other model of management switch.
    Here my experiment with configure file.
    Last edited by lexxai; 11-13-2017 at 16:23.

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by lexxai View Post
    Not sure that need send to tp-link.
    It not resolving any BUG. It HACK.
    BUG not present, it TP-LINK marketing.... If not want fixed VLAN1, must buy other model of management switch.
    Here my experiment with configure file.
    I have sent the email to tp-link technical support team. They said they have feedback this demand to their RD engineer.
    I do not know whether they will release the firmware, I will ask them some days later.
    PS: Sometimes,I send email to tp-link global technical support team, not local technical support team.Their senior engineer may give accurate information.
    But this one depends on luke also

  6. #21

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by TPTHZ View Post
    I have sent the email to tp-link technical support team. They said they have feedback this demand to their RD engineer.
    I do not know whether they will release the firmware, I will ask them some days later.
    PS: Sometimes,I send email to tp-link global technical support team, not local technical support team.Their senior engineer may give accurate information.
    But this one depends on luke also
    All that can engineer do it post new firmware, where will be blocked store in configuration file information about VLAN1.
    And in future trick with change configuration file will be disabled.

  7. #22
    Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by lexxai View Post
    All that can engineer do it post new firmware, where will be blocked store in configuration file information about VLAN1.
    And in future trick with change configuration file will be disabled.
    Oh, I don't think so. All the R&D needs is a little more pressure from the market. They are already losing customers to Netgear and Ubiquiti when it comes to small semi-managed switches because of the fixed Default_VLAN in TL-SG108E/PE. Changes are that TP-Link will probably re-consider this unlucky design decision, especially since it causes trouble even with TP-Link gear such as the EAPs.

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by tpham3783 View Post
    see the URL below to disable vlan1. Instruction is one page 5.

    https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=123324.60
    Configuration file with changed one byte of configure file model TL-SG1016DE can't be flashed back. Check sum control may be.
    Result of comparing : https://lexxai.blogspot.com/2017/11/...ult-vlan1.html

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
    Oh, I don't think so. All the R&D needs is a little more pressure from the market. They are already losing customers to Netgear and Ubiquiti when it comes to small semi-managed switches because of the fixed Default_VLAN in TL-SG108E/PE. Changes are that TP-Link will probably re-consider this unlucky design decision, especially since it causes trouble even with TP-Link gear such as the EAPs.
    Yes, I agree with you. Communication is important,If TP-LINK gets more feedback from different consumer, I think they will improve this switch(Besides the limitation in hardware).


 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Copyright 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.