Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Question TL-SF1008P and TL-POE10R

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : [/COLOR]

I have a TL-SF1008p and two TL-POE10Rs. When I set them up the splitters work well when set to 12v, but when I select 5v the splitters go a bit crazy, the LED pulses over a few seconds, and the voltage cycles from 1 to 5 and back again. The switch is not plugged into anything else, and the splitters do this whether or not they are plugged into anything. I realise they are not isolated after doing some research, but there is nothing else grounding the devices I'm plugging them into. (Raspberry Pis with no monitors, just ethernet and power).

I would really appreciate any advice.

Anton.

Members ChimB is on a distinguished road
    Don't worry about that, just connect the powered device to the TL-POE10R. The phenomenon is normal.

TL SF1008P and TL POE10R

While POE injecting devices should correctly detect and enable POE only when needed; there is always a chance that a POE injector may inject power, and there is a chance it will cause damage to the board.

Members R1D2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsiRah View Post
    While POE injecting devices should correctly detect and enable POE only when needed; there is always a chance that a POE injector may inject power, and there is a chance it will cause damage to the board.
    Is this statement based on real-world experience with a TL-SF1008P and TL-POE10R or is it just a hypothetical presupposition based on preconception?

Red face Thank you all

Thank to everyone who has responded. Once the device is drawing current it has been very stable.