Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by uutommi View Post
    hi deniTHOR, try this beta firmware, it says to solve untagged traffic sourced from the AP.
    http://static.tp-link.com/AP500_eu-up-ver1-0-0-P1[20170720-rel38914].rar
    but i don't this this AP support management vlan.
    This didn't work for me either. The packets still exit the AP500's wire interface untagged, but they ought to have been tagged according to the VLAN mapped from the SSID.

My AP500 v1.0 said "The hardware version is not supported".
    To send out tagged packets it would require to configure a VLAN ID. Well - They could just use the lowest configured one from the SSIDs - Would be not good but better than doing nothing...
    Did you know that the AP can be managed from every SSID? You only need to know the IP of he AP and get your client one from the same subnet. This is not so cool if you plan one SSID as open Hotspot. Happy Hacking...

Quote Originally Posted by lzs View Post
    This didn't work for me either. The packets still exit the AP500's wire interface untagged, but they ought to have been tagged according to the VLAN mapped from the SSID.
    Better to send an email to support.sg@tp-link.com to report the issue.

Same Problem. Only way is to wait and wait and wait or to sell this shi...... Access Point.. thx Tp-Link for this really really great support.

did you tried the beta firmware provided by uutommi

Quote Originally Posted by lzs View Post
    Did you contact tp-link support ? any progress?

I will give an appraisal on Amazon to warn People not to buy this thing and i personally will never buy any tp-Link hardware again.

Happy hacking!!

i found this on amazon. But there are also bugs left. These are beta versions. And both still have the DHCP issue!

AP500v1_160418.BETA.MSSID.zip
    http://tp-link-support.de/firmware/A...BETA.MSSID.zip

AP500v1_160607.BETA.DHCPwtMSSID.zip
    http://tp-link-support.de/firmware/A...HCPwtMSSID.zip
    Last edited by tplinkuser12123; 08-08-2017 at 20:07.

Did you try this firmware : http://static.tp-link.com/resources/...-rel48929_.zip ?
    It's the best one for me (Multi-SSID and VLAN).

Recently tp-link support sent me another firmware AP500_us-up-ver1-0-0-P1[20170720-rel56961] but it doesn't solve my issue.

Thx but i think this will not work on my ap, because i have a europe version.

Quote Originally Posted by tplinkuser12123 View Post
    Thx but i think this will not work on my ap, because i have a europe version.
    You can check #14 for Europe version.

sorry this firmware doesn´t work for me.
    i will exchange this AP with another device. for sure not from tp-link. :-)
    Last edited by tplinkuser12123; 08-12-2017 at 20:30.

Since there is much interest, let me provide an update on my findings and experience.

I've been in communication with TP-Link support, and they've provided me two firmware so far, the latest being 1.0.0 Build 20170720 Rel. 56961.

Very interestingly, this last firmware initially tags the egress traffic from AP500 correctly. But after a short while, they become untagged again. In effect, what a test device experiences is that upon initial association with the VLAN tagged SSID on the AP500, web surfing works fine. But a short while later, the network is inaccessible again.

My upstream router is a pfSense. Tcpdump on it reveals that traffic coming from the AP500 is tagged initially, then becomes untagged after a while.

I have managed to get another AP to verify the pfSense is really working fine. With the other AP (a MikroTik), the tagging works fine over an extended test period.

I've also updated TP-Link support with my new findings, and hopefully they will resolve the problem.

Thank you lzs for your feedback.

Let's hope a stable release soon.