Welcome to TP-LINK Tech Support Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by tallpr24 View Post
    great job!!! any way to see the schedule or to edit the schedule?
    No, only function is on/off.

Btw, now I do not see cameras, so something has changed since last post.

Really looking for a browser based configuration of the Smart Plugs. I think this is a major issue. I almost returned the HS110 when I discovered this issue.

Hello, i have two smart plugs HS100 that are very useful for me.
    This devices are working very well and they save a lot of time to me.

I see that an app for Windows 10 doesn't exists, then i decided to develop a Windows 10 app in my free time.
    The app works only in a local network, doesn't need access to the internet and allows to monitor and control the devices previously configured with Kasa.

I have not finished yet, i need to program the schedule, countdown and anti theft rules, i will do that in the next months, i hope ...
    I planned also to release a version of the same application for Linux.

The binary and the manual of the app are available here : https://github.com/inventospracticos/JAUSEWIN/releases/

I hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by inventos.practicos; 03-30-2018 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by inventos.practicos View Post
    I see that an application for Windows 10 doesn't exists, then i decided to develop a Windows 10 application in my free time.
    The application works only in a local network, doesn't need access to the internet and allows to monitor and control the devices previously configured with Kasa.
    The TP-Link smart plugs can also be controlled with a plugin for Node Red, this allows scheduling and controlling by other inputs like available solar power.

The main issue is the TP-Link should release a webpage access version to control the settings. This is then platform independent and not subject to only working on particular versions of Android or iOS.

Lightbulb A possible solution

I have installed the Bluestacks Android emulator on Windows 10.
    I then installed the TP Linka Kasa app from the Play Store into Bluestacks.
    From all appearances, this seems to work. All devices show their correct status, on/off, %, etc.
    Have not configured a device from scratch but the + button brings up correct configuration images.
    I hope this is a possible solution. I'm glad to have a backup to using my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupskip View Post
    The TP-Link smart plugs can also be controlled with a plugin for Node Red, this allows scheduling and controlling by other inputs like available solar power.

The main issue is the TP-Link should release a webpage access version to control the settings. This is then platform independent and not subject to only working on particular versions of Android or iOS.
    Sorry, may be I don't explained very well what JAUSEWIN is :
    JAUSEWIN is a Windows program (user friendly) that is very easy to install and execute.
    With JAUSEWIN you can scan the devices connected to you local network (that you have previously configured with your phone using Kasa).
    Then you can start monitoring and send commands to your devices.

In the other hand, you are speaking about a plugin or API for Node Red that can be run
    in a browser in any platform but for which you need to study a little more and may be to have
    some programming knowledge in order to use it, notions of Javascript and HTML may be also useful ...

Then we are speaking about different things.

The binary and the manual of the app are available here : https://github.com/inventospracticos/JAUSEWIN/releases/

Last edited by inventos.practicos; 03-30-2018 at 09:36.

It is very frustrating to only be able to control and monitor devices from a smartphone (Android) and not from a Windows PC. In the case of the HS110, it would be nice if the web interface and apps allowed graphs of usage versus time, even if this is via ftp to download the data so far.
    I have many: thong tac cong and quay tay

Tung is a spammer - he trolls these message boards and pastes in enough crap to look semi legit, he's just trying to get his signature links posted as many times as possible. He doesn't have anything to contribute.

So he - and now you! have hijacked the OPs original topic... FWIW my app, when running as a server, does allow control and monitoring from a web browser, and it logs power consumption data from HS110's to a google drive speadsheet so you can analyse it in any way that you need. I'd have to expect that TP Link would be very challenged to save this data locally on the HS110 - it doesn't have a lot of memory.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP_AutomationManager View Post
    Tung is a spammer
    Reported the post.

So he - and now you! have hijacked the OPs original topic
    Deleted my post.

I'd have to expect that TP Link would be very challenged to save this data locally on the HS110 - it doesn't have a lot of memory.
    I would have assumed that it would have been saved in the cloud as essentially you need to have a TP-Link account to use this device outside of your own network.

Yep, it could. Gives up a lot of privacy though. Personally I block my TP Links from reaching the internet - they make a lot of outgoing calls to obscure IPs (turning off remote access doesn't stop that). And I wouldn't want my usage data logged to some unknown cloud server...